News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Question about SMF 2.1: Will the old 2.0.x themes work with 2.1.x?

Started by Wellwisher, September 02, 2015, 06:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellwisher

I am all for "out with the old and in with the new" thing but will 2.0.x themes work with 2.1.x? If doesnt work, isn't it just going to be a whole lot of hassle trying to upgrade to 2.1.x for avaerage users? .  :-\

I am sure this question has probably been answered but I couldn't find anything on google.

Illori

nope 2.0 themes will not work with 2.1. actually they cannot be installed easily in 2.1 to stop people from trying.

Wellwisher

Surely there's nothing the repair_settings.php can't handle right Illori?  :laugh:

Illori

Kindred

the templates are significantly different between 2.0 and 2.1
just like they were between 1.1 and 2.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Wellwisher

Just another quick question. Will the customisation method will be the same? i.e theme developers have one file index.template.php which they can customise and it effects the whole forum?

margarett

The themes "principle" is the same, just very differently coded. So yes, what you do now is valid for 2.1. Just coded differently ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Wellwisher

Thank you margarett, you keep people like me from jumping off cliffs. :laugh:

Just when I was getting the hang of 2.0 too. Now I will need to install 2.1 on local and see what I can salvage from my older theme.

Thank again for your responses Devs.

margarett

Don't jump to 2.1 too fast, it's still beta and is not ready for production ;)

But my all means yes, install 2.1 locally and play with it :)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: