Sources Version Showing 2.0.8 all other versions are 2.0.10

Started by rhodesj2314, September 02, 2015, 09:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhodesj2314

Hello,

I upgraded from v2.0.8 to 2.0.10 a few months back.

Today I ran a detail version check and the Sources SMF file version is showing 2.0.8.

Is there an easy way to see which files in the Sources folder did not get updated?

Thank you,

Jim R

Illori

click where it says Sources and it will give you a list of the files.

Kindred

and please note...   not all files get updated in every release...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on September 02, 2015, 09:56:55 AM
and please note...   not all files get updated in every release...

but ideally SMF should not tell you a Sources file does not match what the js file here tells the forum it should have. i believe this is somewhat known issue but not so easy to fix.

Kindred

actually, it's very easy to fix. :)

Just change the version in the source file.

There are a few revisions that seemed to miss the update to the version in the header of the file on some systems...   manually changing the version fixes all issues (assuming the rest of the update was correctly applied)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

i mean fixing it on our end so that users dont have to fix it manually.

shawnb61

If a user fixes it manually, won't the next update package fail?

Or would the update package need two searches, one for 2.0.8 & one for 2.0.10?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Illori

depending on why it is not correct it can cause issues in the future yes.

Kindred

see, that is the problem....  SOME users, for SOME reaons did not get the header version updated.
It does not affect anything at all, code wise...
but we can't patch it, because 90% of the users don't have any issue.

So, actually LEAVING it unfixed (manually) may actually cause failures of patch instructions in the future (althogh, again, since it is just the header version, those failures would still have no effect on code)

Best bet is for any user who sees this SPECIFIC issue, to manually fix it.
Слaва
Украинi

rhodesj2314

Thank you all!  I found that the file in question had been updated but the version number was not changed.

Jim R  :)

Advertisement: