Need help recovering smf account

Started by CMOBOSS, September 02, 2015, 11:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMOBOSS

Nee help with recovering my previous account here on smf.

Could an admin or someone with the ability to change my main account email address, please get in contact with me.

Kindred

What account?

Your current IP address does not match any other IP used by any other account - so (no offense intended) how do we know you are the owner of the (lost) account?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CMOBOSS

CMOBOSS (without the 1)

I have requested a password recovery and the email addy on the main account is set up to forward to a universal email for all my domains. Host recently made changes to servers and the forwarder is no longer in place. I am unable to access the email address associated with the cmoboss account at this time. Which means I can not receive the recovery email.

I am also having issues with the upgrade process and would like to post here, however I see no point in posting from yet another (this one) account.

What can I do to provide proof of (cmoboss) account ownership at this time?

CMOBOSS

That would be the one yes.

For security purposes I can upload a image or file of your choosing (to my domain/server) to prove access/control over the domain/email associated with the account.

margarett

Not just related to your account recovery, but also for other uses you might have had with this email, wouldn't it be better to put the mail forwarder to work again? ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

CMOBOSS

Quote from: margarett on September 02, 2015, 12:11:08 PM
Not just related to your account recovery, but also for other uses you might have had with this email, wouldn't it be better to put the mail forwarder to work again? ;)

Host deals with this matter for me. "...Host recently made changes to servers and the forwarder is no longer in place..." I do not deal with the email issues.

CMOBOSS

Next question is likely why not get host to apply forward changes... simple answer is that may take up to 48hrs before he can address the issue. Doing things this way seems like a faster approach. I could sit here and try to guess which of the many passwords I may have used for cmoboss account but for security reasons I would prefer not.

margarett

I understand that ;)
It's just that cPanel has an easy, instantaneous way to do that directly, and I thought you might have access to it.

At this point you need to wait for Kindred to get back to you.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

LiroyvH

1.) I've looked at the profile, and without going in to full detail: I very much doubt you're using a forwarder on that account, or that you have no control over it... You probably forgot what you're using as an e-mail address on that account.

2.) You're probably trying to login with "CMOBOSS", that will be impossible... You need to login with the proper *username* actually associated with that account. (Which, for security purposes, can't be shared; sorry.)

Sorry, but as what you're saying here already seems to be inaccurate: we can't help.
I'd gladly believe you're the owner of that account, but for security purposes: we must treat it cautiously and with suspicion, and thus cannot assist if you're already giving (what really really appears to be) inaccurate information here. :)

And I've already given more information to try and help you out than I really want to, as these hints can be food for social engineering...
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

CMOBOSS

I do have access to the email options in my cpanel. However I do not use email services through the host other than to have my [email protected] forwarded

:) 

CMOBOSS

I assure you I am the original account creator.

So far I've not been asked for any information related to the account.
I have offered to work with in order to confirm ownership but so far I'm not being inboxed nor asked to jump through any hoops :)

So again... How do I provide proof of claim? What would you like for me to do to?

LiroyvH

I'm sure you assure it, and again I'd gladly believe it, but what you're saying does not match what I'm seeing here.
And that's a problem. I gave you two hints, even though I didn't want to give them but there were two factors that made it a bit less of a risk (not saying what, heh.): that should be sufficient for you to recognize the mistake you're making when trying to login or resetting the password.

You can PM me with:
- The actual username on the account
- The e-mail address used on the account
- The internet provider(s) you used on that account

And then I can look at it, but if you provide inaccurate information it rather ends there I'm afraid. Hope you understand why. :)
This is why you should really set a question with secret answer. ;)

CMOBOSS

Thank you. I have inboxed you. I do appreciate the steps taken.

SleePy

FYI, Not sure if you just can't remember your login name, but you can also login with your email address.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

LiroyvH

The issue couldn't properly be resolved through PM.
User has been promised that if his e-mail is fixed and gains access to his second account, we'll merge the accounts together to keep it all in one place. :)

That's why you should fill out a security question folks! :)

Closing this topic for now.

Advertisement: