News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

spammers constantly joining

Started by smitch6, September 02, 2015, 01:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitch6

Had to re-do my forum from scratch due to a server crash which lost all my files.
Since i've had to re-do it every day i'm getting tons of spammers trying to join
I have the captcha, questions, check proper email address (mod)
stop spammer (mod)
yet still they try and join constantly thanksfully the stop spammer stops them getting on my forum by blocking them but i have to constantly remove theor accounts and at the same time i'm banning their IP and hostname and email for safe measure

how many IP's and emails do these ppl have?? lol

any suggestions on how to stop these gits targetting my forum
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

Kindred

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do

to answer your question -- they have an unlimited number of IPs.... and banning by IP is useless and will actually ban REAL users.

If you have so many getting through -- then your questions are not good enough... plain and simple (oh, and BTW: Captcha is basically useless)
as already discussed on several other threads -- you should have 10-20 questions in the queue and ask 2-3 of them at a time.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

smitch6

ok i've added more questions so will see how things go

seems strange how on my established forum i hardly got any spammers but on the new install i have had hundreds in a cpl weeks
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

Jade Elizabeth

You should try out stop spammer and httpBL. Those are the two I use and I've not had any since!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: