News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cant Change Header

Started by Drache, September 03, 2015, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Hi,

I have followed the SMF Manual instructions for changing the header and logo of a theme, but the thee header logo image doesnot change.

Here the forum: http://trutzburg.org/ [nofollow]

When I go to Admin and se the location of the logo image the site still displays the B-Cream logo.

Any suggestions?

Best,
D.

JBlaze

Since you are using a custom theme, the theme author may have another way of changing the logo. You will have to ask the theme author.

I also noticed that your forum is using 2.0.6. Please upgrade to 2.0.10 ASAP as there have been some security fixes since then. You can learn how to upgrade by reading the manual here: Upgrading SMF
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Illori

you have installed a theme for RC1, you really should look for a theme for 2.0 and higher. that theme may cause you to have errors that are not expected. also questions like this should be asked in the themes support topic.

Kindred

Given that there were some fairly major template changes in RC3, I would be shocked if an RC1 theme works correctly,
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Drache

RC1, RC2 ?

Also, any suggestions for a good clean white neutral theme with header?

RVB

Quote from: Antechinus on September 04, 2015, 02:28:23 AM
How about this one? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539060.0

I was thinking about the "Raki" theme but this one is also better for him than the one he is already using.

Drache

Ok, now I would ask how I can change the background image and header on the Shelflife theme. :/

Thank you and regards,
D.

Antechinus

Have you looked in the admin settings for the theme?

Drache

I can go to Theme Settings and choose between a number of predefined Themes and Layouts.  But, I cannot add my own images for a Header of Background. 

Drache

The same goes for Boardicons or Board Icons, they seem to be predefined.

Antechinus

Ok, well ask Bloc about it in the thread for the theme. I've only taken a quick look at that side of it and haven't played around with the options. I'm fairly sure you can upload your own images for header and icons.

Kindred

there are predefined ones --- there is also the option to add more.

However, support for themes other the Curve/default should be requested from the author of that theme in the themes section.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Drache

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2823

Okey, Ive switched to the Raki theme as it looks and feels better. I am unable to contact Pouvik via the IM. Is there a way to change the header  as well as the color of the tabs? I can change the thems Images URLS as well as the themes Images URL's directory. But, I cannot change the header anywhere. I can naviagate to where the images are stored in a directory. But, I do not know which images in that directory to replace so that images on the theme change.

:-\

br360

Instead of sending him a message, try posting the same question on the theme's support topic. That way anyone that has used/is using that theme can help as well.

I haven't checked the theme myself, but a lot of the custom themes name their logo "logo.png" or something similar.  You can go to the logo and right click to see what the name of the image is called; or you can take a look at that theme's different images in your cpanel, and once you find it, you can upload your own logo (name it the same as the image you want to replace), and then just overwrite the image that is already there.

Drache

Here a link to the Rake theme SMF page.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2823

unfortunately there is no support forum posted there.

Illori

if you click on comment on this theme it takes you to the support topic for that theme.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=531309.0

Drache

Ah this is great, thank you.

Also, one more  question, I installed the Reseller theme but it wont display. Am running SMF 2.0.6.
Do I need to update?

(Please excuse all the questions but things arent that transparent and Ive done my days of hacking).

br360

I installed the Raki theme on a test site, so I can probably help answer some questions you have later tonight if you post on that theme's support thread.

What do you mean by the reseller theme not displaying? What happens when you change to that theme in your profile?

You should update to 2.0.10 anyway as there have been a few security patches since 2.0.6. Make sure that when you do update, you patch one version at a time- 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 to 2.0.8, etc.

Drache

Ok, back to my original question (and this is probably the final one): I have looked again and again through the SMF Admin Center. The only place that seems to deal with header images is Administration Center > Themes and Layout > Theme Settings.

For the theme I am running ("Call of Duty") there is not URL i can enter a different header image to, so I wouldnt be sure how to change the header. Ialso wouldnt know where else on SMF to look for settings that change the header, and manually changing an image in the theme's images folder seems a bit of a far shot.

Any suggestions?

:-\

Advertisement: