News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

modify registration email in SMF

Started by zeus, October 21, 2005, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeus

Hi, I am a total newbie to PHP and I installed SMF 1.5 recently. I am using the theme PHPBB subsilver and I would like to modify the registration email that is sent out to the users once a new person registers.

Currently, the FROM section is "blank" and the Subject appears as "Welcome To" . Nothing else. It does not even say Welcome to hxxp:talkindian.com [nonactive] (my website).

Can someone please help me WHICH file to modify and how to modify the PHP code there? Thanks and greatly appreciated.

I tried searching all the forums but I could not find any answer to this question.

xenovanis

It doesn't? The text is in the languagefiles, but it should at least fill those fields. Are you using a language other than English? Can you post a link to your forum?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

zeus

Hi Xeonovanis, my forum link is hxxp:www.talkindian.com/smf/ [nonactive]

Please help me modify my email. When new users register, the email they get in the subject line is "Welcome to". Thats it. Its really weird and I need to change it ASAP. Sorry I took so long to reply.

CapriSkye

i see you're using image instead of text for your forum name.
did you set the name in Admin section? i know it won't show in on your forum but if you set it, it will probably show up in email.

xenovanis

Quote from: CapriSkye on November 20, 2005, 10:49:12 PM
i see you're using image instead of text for your forum name.
did you set the name in Admin section? i know it won't show in on your forum but if you set it, it will probably show up in email.

Yes, enter your forumname in Admin -> Edit Server Settings. That will probably solve your problem.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: