News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Teamspeak 3 Database connection

Started by Rene88, September 07, 2015, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rene88

Hello.

i am making a new forum and have setup a teamspeak server with database.

is there a way that when someone registered on the forum it can use the same login for teamspeak.

i have search the internet for it and found a lot but no solution to it to connect the 2 databases with each other.

Hope some can help.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rene88

i have SMF already but i want that teamspeak database gets the user info from my smf forum.
that users only have to register at my forum and can use the same usernamen and password to connect to teamspeak

Kindred

yes.

You are going to want to use the SMF hooks... this will allow you to duplicate data out of SMF and into teamspeak when a user registers, changes profile, etc....

but you are going to also have to talk to the teamspeak developers about hot to get that data into the teamspeak database.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Doing it that way requires you to code the integration in teamspeak. Have a look at the API by Andre N
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=458832.0

You basically need to put code in teamspeak which requires the API file and use the provided functions to login to SMF from the other system.

edit: ninja'd :)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

actually, margarett, the way he wants to go (using SMF as the primary repository and using the SMF data in another system) is basically exactly designed for the hooks system instead of the API -- the API would be used to go the other way (if the teamspeak was intended to be the primary system)
Слaва
Украинi

Rene88

Idd i want to add the smf user to the teamspeak database to and even if i block user its blocks teamspeak to and when i remove user from smf its removes it from teamspeak database as well.

i am still learning. but its looks pretty complicated the codes.
i think a lot of people would love teamspeak intergration in smf.

Kindred

you would write a mod to the SMF code, using the Hooks (in the link that I pointed you to)
This will enable you to trigger functions which can transfer the SMF data to another script/database

However, you are going to have to talk to the TEAMSPEAK developers on what code to use to accept and process the data handed over via the SMF hook.
Слaва
Украинi

Rene88

Oke thanks. i will look in to it. i dont know if i can do it my skils are not that great yet. and i will ask teamspeak for the input for there database

Illori

if what is said in this http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=360768.0 is still correct, it seems like it may be almost impossible, or very hard, to do what you want.

Rene88

it says it can be done and others say it cant...

i see a lot of forums/ sites that have it, a integration with teamspeak. only never one with SMF. i like smf and dont want anything els.
so other sites or cms can do it why not smf?  vBulletin also have it. and phpnuke had it to.

hope that someone has a idee of doing it. and can make a mod or something. a lot of people would love it!

Advertisement: