News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unicode issue

Started by Baloch, September 10, 2015, 03:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baloch

Hello there,

Yesterday I found empty setting.php file in my main SMF folder. I tried to recover it from backup but unfortunately hosting company had only backup which was of same day so via CPANEL i freshly installed SMF in separate folder. moved all necessary packages from old one to new one folder and via repair_settings.php adjusted database and users files. via language folder i have added ENGLISH-UTF8 file as well as PERSIAN-UTF8 and ARABIC -UTF8 but still instead of baluchi script (which is like arabic , urdu and persian script)  its showing garbage.

my smf is here:
baask.com/diwan2015

Thanks in advance for your prompt and positive response.

With regards,

baloch

Kindred

why didn't you just grab a copy of the settings.php ad then move it to your original forum and update the settings in it instead of going through the ring-a-ma-role that you have tried to do.
(also, installing smf through the hosting panel is never the recommended way to install.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Baloch

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2015, 07:06:30 AM
why didn't you just grab a copy of the settings.php ad then move it to your original forum and update the settings in it instead of going through the ring-a-ma-role that you have tried to do.
(also, installing smf through the hosting panel is never the recommended way to install.)

actually i was not sure how many files were empty like setting.php.

Thanks for your response. Now issue is resolved and site is working okay.
baask.com/diwwan

Kindred

what version are you running?   Because the empty Settings.php file was a known issue caused by a RACE condition in the error logging... several versions ago, but I was under the impression that it had been corrected in recent versions
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: