News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

CHAT

Started by Believerds, September 10, 2015, 08:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Believerds

Hello SMF Community,

I'm new to this community but have been involved in SMF for a few years as a member of a private organization who uses SMF. Recently I have been given Admin rights from the senior Admin so I can help with the functioning of our forum. One of the Mods I'd like to implement into the forum is a decent CHAT system and have tried installing a few with no success. They either error out or have no functionality at all from what I can see. I do have a green light on three CHAT's but they don't seem to work.
Below are the ones in question:

3guks PJIRC Integrated Chat Mod   1.1 
SMF Achat ALPHA   0.2.1 
SMFPacks Shoutbox   1.0.5

The forum's SMF version we are currently using is: SMF 1.1.21

I would really like to get a working CHAT on our forum but am striking out thus far.  Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Dave

Illori

i would really recommend upgrading to SMF 2.0 and looking at the chat mods available for that version. you will find more to pick from and have longer support from the team here as 1.1 will be loosing support soon and already does not support more recent php versions which is a bigger issue.

Believerds

Hi Illori,

I appreciate your suggestion for the upgrade. I will run that by the senior Admin for approval.

Thanks,

Dave

Advertisement: