News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Site loading Slooooowly

Started by topthumb, September 20, 2015, 10:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topthumb

I have about 3 members out of 15 saying that they have to wait 3 to 4 minutes for the site to load up and once it does it takes just as long to post something or go from page to page. I'm not having any problems at all. Is there anything I can tell them on what to do? I already told them to clear their cache also. Oh, and it doesn't matter what browser they use.

Looking

Are you hosting it or is it on a paid server, free?

topthumb

I am hosting it. I want to add that this site has been up and running for years and only thing that has changed are the updates from SM.

Looking

Then if you are using MySQL run a slow query check or check your logs for problems. Since you are hosting it there can be loads of issues that cannot be covered here.

topthumb

Will do and let you know if I find anything. Also I am not running any kind of mods, this is a straight install with nothing else.

topthumb

OK, everything checks out good with no problems at all. I wonder if it's a problem on their end, all 3 of those users are in WA but then again they are having no problems logging into my other SM site on the same domain name & host. Just got an email from one of the users saying now he can't even log in.

Advertisement: