Force "non-administrators to hide their online presence" upon registration ?

Started by Direct-Compute, September 22, 2015, 04:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Direct-Compute

Hi!  :)

Is it possible to force "non-administrators to hide their online presence" upon registration? so by default choice ....

margarett

Not by default, but with a small code hack, yes
Sources/Subs-Members.php, find
'openid_uri' => (!empty($regOptions['openid']) ? $regOptions['openid'] : ''),
Add after
'show_online' => 0,
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jade Elizabeth

That's an interesting request, is there a reason you want to only show admins as online? :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Direct-Compute

Hi, I want to "unactive this feature" for using my forum as an Technical Support reserved for my clients only
(i sales computers and i want purpose online personnalised assistance) and not using SMF as an community forum ;)

I want using "paid subscription" for "personnalised support only".

Kindred

then do the code hack that margaett posted...   and set the permissions so that only the groups you want have the option to change it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jade Elizabeth

Also you can set permissions for being able to view who is online as well, if you need to look into that.

Permissions
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: