Allowing users to use their SMF Account on other parts of the site

Started by Starz0r, September 23, 2015, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz0r

I want to make it where users can use their Forum Account on other places of the site instead making a new account entirely. Since I'm making a score tool I have a few questions to ask.

Can I make it where a user can login with their forum credentials without having them use the forum login form?
Is it also possible to ensure that if they do login, they will be logged in on the forum incase they go there too?
If I can use their forum credentials, how do I save cookies site side so they stay logged in?
Can I read a user's membergroup using this method?
I also want to save additional information once I integrate my score tool (stuff like XP should be displayed), should I save the data to a different table/database in mySQL and should I use Ultimate Profile and modify that to my needs or is there an easier way? (I also want more editable profiles so...)

Once again, sorry for so many questions. I just couldn't find answer's to these. I know other software like myBB allows for this type of thing but I like SMF more because of it's usability, plus I already have it installed and my community is used to it.

Kindred

howdy!

you can do all of that! (no need to read the cookie, it's all available in code)

click on the manual/wiki link at the top right and go down to the bottom -- there is a section called integrating SMF   you would want to use the SSI functions
(check out ssi_examples.php on your own site)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Starz0r

Quote from: Kindred on September 23, 2015, 06:45:27 PM
howdy!

you can do all of that! (no need to read the cookie, it's all available in code)

Really? I'll go check it out, I'll come back here and post if there are any problems.

or just make a new thread if it gets too old.

Advertisement: