News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Increasing View All Members Numbers

Started by KirkhamsEbooks, September 24, 2015, 03:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KirkhamsEbooks

Using SMF SMF 2.0.10 I have 1000s of members to remove with no posts. Is there a way to increase the number of members viewed at one time so they may be deleted?

Rick

Illori

increase the number of messages per page in your profile and see if that helps, if it does not increase the number in the admin panel. do remember to put it back when done.

KirkhamsEbooks

Sorry neither of those worked

I can get into my myphp I'm a bit new to it but would a query work?

Rick

Sir Osis of Liver

/Sources/ManageMembers.php -

$listOptions = array(
'id' => 'member_list',
/// 'items_per_page' => $modSettings['defaultMaxMembers'],
'items_per_page' => 50,
'base_href' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=viewmembers' . $context['params_url'],
'default_sort_col' => 'user_name',
'get_items' => array(
'file' => $sourcedir . '/Subs-Members.php',
'function' => 'list_getMembers',
'params' => array(
isset($where) ? $where : '1=1',
isset($where_params) ? $where_params : array(),
),
),

Set 'items_per_page' => 50, to any number.  Restore original code when you're done, it may have other effects.  Backup the file before you try this.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

deleting members from mySQL is not recommended. there are cleanup tasks that need to be performed, other than just deleting the specific member record
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KirkhamsEbooks

Thanks for the code. It shows 1000 as I set it to, but the members will not delete even when I select and delete them

Rick

KirkhamsEbooks

Got it just had to reduce the number

Thank you

Rick

rexall9000

Rick, All,

I realize this is an old post.  I was just referred over here from another, similar, thread I started. 

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=540361.0

I assume the majority of your (and my) members are spambots.  My question is, how do you identify the legit from spambots so you can delete them?

Thanks for your help.

KirkhamsEbooks

Sorry just rereading this,

I'm removing 0 post members so it's not a problem.

Rick

Sir Osis of Liver

None of my members are bots.  You can remove all members who have never logged in or have 0 posts with a MySQL query using phpmyadmin.  Once members have logged in and posted, you basically have to pick them out and remove them one at a time.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Removing members in phpmyadmin is a bad process since it does not do the correct cleanup when dealing with deleting a member.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Shouldn't be a problem for members who've never logged in or posted, as there wouldn't be any links to other tables.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 22, 2015, 10:13:09 PM
Shouldn't be a problem for members who've never logged in or posted, as there wouldn't be any links to other tables.

it does not update the number of members that shows in a few places. only one example i can think of. either way you should not go deleting in the database as it can have side effects.

Advertisement: