News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

worth using Tapatalk?

Started by fergtm, September 25, 2015, 12:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergtm

Personally I find tapatalk annoying with its "install our app" nag screen. But I've seen that recently a lot of forums have it enabled.

Some time ago I started a forum using SMF and took care to optimize it for mobile browsers. Despite this I am considering making accessible with tapatalk.

So I just want to know the opinions of other forum owners that use tapatalk. Does it really have the benefits tapatalk claims (more registrations, more posts, etc.)?. Is it a feature that forums users really ask for?

Kindred

my personal opinion is that tapatalk is an all-around waste.
They are also known to have issues with some mod combinations etc -- and were removed from our official mod site as they could not or would not keep the mod updated or provide very good support.

just make your site responsive and it will display nicely on mobile devices.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HDB

I use Tapatalk on my forum. It works well for me. It brings in registrations and also allows members to stay engaged providing push notifications on their activity on the forum.

Tapatalk also provides monthly metric reports on posts made using Tapatalk, attachments loaded, user session count and device type used.

I also use a responsive theme from SMF Tricks called LikeIPB which is a premium theme they offer. For those that might not use Tapatalk this responsive theme allows them to see the forum sized for their mobile device.

As Kindred said they don't offer support here but they do have their own support forum and that is how they handle all the forum software support such as IPBoard, MyBB, xenForo, WoltLab, Vanilla, our beloved SMF and nearly every other brand of forum software that you can think of.

Advertisement: