SMF upgrade issue from 1.1.8 to 2.0.11

Started by zen2nad, September 25, 2015, 03:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zen2nad

Dear forum supporters,

facing an issue while upgrading the SMF forum from 1.1.8 to 2.0.11. Downloaded both zip / tar.gz files of "large upgrade" from the http://download.simplemachines.org/ URL today (9/25/2015). But the upgrade file "upgrade.php"  file contains syntax issue of having comma "," connectors instead of dot "."

Refer the screenshot image smf-issue.jpg. Due to this, not able to upgrade the application as it throws "Undefined index: upgrade_upgrade_utility  upgrade.php on line 3476".. etc.

Can any one guide how to resolve this issue?

Best regards,
Sarah Lin

sommarpojken

Hello,

I don't know how it's looks for you but i upgrade from admin.

I go to Admin > Main > Package Manager

And then i says: "A security vulnerability has been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum and update it to 2.0.11."

It looks like this for me:

br360

@sommarpojken

You can upgrade or patch from one version to the next if it's the same series. So in order for you to have been able to upgrade to 2.0.11 from the package manager, you would have had to have already been on 2.0.10 before it.

Going from say 1.1.8 to 2.0.11 is a major upgrade from one completely different version to another, and can't be done through the package manager. It would require being done through their server. (by using an FTP client or uploading the upgrade zip through their host control panel)

Illori

Advertisement: