After moving to another Server the forum looks quiet wierd.

Started by DarkTexas, September 26, 2015, 04:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

You had it, now it's gone.  I'm getting install.php at the new link.  Whatever you did just before you dumped the forum appeared to have fixed the problem.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DarkTexas

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 26, 2015, 04:43:18 PM
Anything in your error log?  Did you patch the original forum first, then move a copy to the new server?

I patched the forums a few days ago to 11, then yesterday I moved the servers;

Also, Yes It worked for a bit (dont ask me why! I was wonderng too! it was woorking during the re-install) :/

DarkTexas

DarkTexas

Kindred

Ok. stop randomly doing things...

do things one at a time and wait to see the results.

First things first.
don't do anything else.

do JUST this...
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkTexas

Quote from: Kindred on September 26, 2015, 07:23:37 PM
Ok. stop randomly doing things...

do things one at a time and wait to see the results.

First things first.
don't do anything else.

do JUST this...
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

done;
now all Mods are gone, Themes are gone, but, It's working, That's all that counts.

Somehow, when I want to e.g. configure some Mods which I used to install new there is something wrong, like the tables.. I dunno, I mean like you dont have the option to change settings for mods what have been installed on the forums before; like empty places.

Kindred

OK.
Now - things are working. Good.
We have now confirmed that the issue was due to a mod.

NOW!
ONE AT A TIME....  reinstall the mods.
in between each... TEST.

When something fails... STOP.
Don't add any more mods.
COme back and let us know what started happening and we will help you debug that specific issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

I started to quote you (DarkTexas) but noted there's an image in your last post and it's not showing.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

You were doing well last night, clean install with your database intact.  You had over 60 mods installed, might be a good idea to run fix_packages.php before you try to reinstall all the mods.  The mods are removed when you do a clean install, but they leave things behind in the database.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DarkTexas

Well, Hello Folks.

We had to move Servers again, since we had troubles on 1and1 with the Database. However, this Problem is Back. Exactly the same problem as two years ago...

Take a look at https://gljclan.com/index.php?topic=1784.msg5939#new as example, same problem.

:(

I checked the Error logs,.. only 1 error when opening the post, and also an error when going in the error logs itself.

QuoteFilter hinzufügen: Nur Fehlermeldungen dieser URL anzeigenhttps://gljclan.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descFilter hinzufügen: Nur Fehlermeldungen mit der gleichen Nachricht anzeigen8: Undefined index: oasl_configFilter hinzufügen: Nur Fehler von dieser Datei zeigen Datei: D:/inetpub/vhosts/gljclan.com/httpdocs/Sources/Admin.php
Zeile: 287

I know the Database is corrupted anyway, had Errors saying we are using SMF xx.13 but the Database seems to be older or something.. :/

P.S.: I have (of course) already used repair_settings.php

Kindred

Yeah, don't worry about that database message

It looks like your smf messages table did not transfer correctly
Слaва
Украинi

DarkTexas

Quote from: Kindred on February 14, 2017, 08:53:25 PM
Yeah, don't worry about that database message

It looks like your smf messages table did not transfer correctly

What can I do mate?

Kindred

confirm the import of the smf_messages table - if it is not all there, confirm that your backup has the entire table

edit for spelling -Illori
Слaва
Украинi

DarkTexas

The Database seems to be fine.. :| Even Imported it once again, no success. Still everything bugged.

DarkTexas

Shambles

You don't, by any chance, have multiple overlapping tables in your gljforums_ database? I mean, some prefixed "smf_" and others prefixed "forums_" ?

Chen Zhen

DarkTexas,
You allow guests to post?

Do you still have access to the original server db at this point? (did the old & new overlap to still allow access?)
I'm not sure if your amount of messages content will normally cause an issue but you can try exporting the original db from the first server in 2 chunks.

On the original server first clear out all logs to minimize some column length.
Export all but the messages table to a gzip & then export just the messages table to a gzip and on the new server you import both gzip files.
It's just an idea since it sounds like the messages table possibly got corrupted although the amount of threads seem too low to cause an issue.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

DarkTexas

Quote from: Shambles on February 15, 2017, 04:29:34 PM
You don't, by any chance, have multiple overlapping tables in your gljforums_ database? I mean, some prefixed "smf_" and others prefixed "forums_" ?

I had a

smf_smileys     and
forums_smileys

renamed all to "smf_"

fixed that now.. but still the same :[

Shambles

Quote from: DarkTexas
renamed all to "smf_"

But your screenshot shows the messages table prefixed with "forums_"

DarkTexas

Quote from: Shambles on February 15, 2017, 06:18:15 PM
Quote from: DarkTexas
renamed all to "smf_"

But your screenshot shows the messages table prefixed with "forums_"

Yeah, well, as I said, I just renamed all collums to "smf_" instead of "forums_" now.

Advertisement: