Re: Since my server upgraded my SMF forum becomes a blank screen

Started by goran, October 01, 2015, 08:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goran

Hello,
I have the same problem with blank page. My forum's folder has to be restored twice in the last month. Support sends me this error log:

The forum is not opening on our end either, and after review error log for it we have found following lines.

[02-Sep-2015 19:59:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: in /home/caravani/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[02-Sep-2015 19:59:17 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/QueryString.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/caravani/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51
[02-Sep-2015 19:59:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/caravani/public_html/forum/index.php on line 51

As other portions of the same account are working fine, as example http://caravaning.si/forum/license.txt, this seams to be a scripting issue and we would advise review your forum installation and updating it if needed.

Illori

i have split your message to a new topic as your issue is very different from the topic you posted in.

Kindred

and is QueryString.php present in your Sources directory?

What is line 51 of your index.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

It seems to be missing $sourcedir
-->  Failed opening required '/QueryString.php misses the path before the file
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

that occurred to me as well (which is why I asked for the line of code) :)

Not sure how the REST of the forum would be working if Sourcedir was not properly defined, though...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

oops... I misread the OP -- I thought he said that the rest of the forum was working -- but he was talking about the other non-forum pages on his server.

Yeah....   sounds like Settings.php is wrong or blanked.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: