Can't See My Signature or Anyone Elses

Started by alphacaveman2, October 02, 2015, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphacaveman2

Any ideas on that? I'm the admin and this just happened recently after changing nothing. My forum is at http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums

br360

The sig is missing when looking at posts, but when you click on a member's profile their signature is there. Any errors in the error logs?

alphacaveman2

Sorry, I don't even see the error log. I don't if I'm going crazy or if it's missing. Where is the silly thing? LOL. I've seen it 1000 times but can't find it today.

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Themes_and_Layout#Resetting_the_options

Don't show users' signatures.

reset the options for users and guests, make sure that box is NOT checked.

alphacaveman2

br360

Administration Center »Configuration» Themes and Layout » Member Options »Change current options for all members using this theme

alphacaveman2

Thanks. I checked and that box was not checked.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

alphacaveman2

Quote from: Steve on October 02, 2015, 05:25:35 PM
Quote from: br360 on October 02, 2015, 02:55:06 PMAny errors in the error logs?

(Admin -> Maintenance -> Logs -> Error Log)

That's where I thought it was....but "Error Logs" isn't listed. Just these:

Administration Log
Moderation Log
Ban Log
Spider Log
Task Log
Log Pruning

I wonder if the problems are connected...

Steve

Quote from: alphacaveman2 on October 02, 2015, 02:43:27 PMMy forum is at http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums

Version 2.0.5? You're 6 versions behind!  :o

Wait for one of the gurus to see your last post before doing updating though.  :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Quote from: alphacaveman2 on October 02, 2015, 04:37:52 PM
Thanks. I checked and that box was not checked.

Just for fun, go back in there and where it says " Don't show users' signatures." To the left of that you will see a drop down list that should say "don't change" as default. Change that to "change" for that Don't show users' signatures area (don't check the box, just change the "don't change" to "change") and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the save button.

See if that works.

Then we can figure out why you aren't seeing an error log and can walk you through patching to 2.0.11- as like Steve said; you are 6 versions behind and should be patched up to the current version for security issues.

Sir Osis of Liver

The forum is not loading. :P

* Sir Osis senses disaster in the wind.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: br360 on October 02, 2015, 10:53:21 PM
Then we can figure out why you aren't seeing an error log

If error logging is disabled in Security and Moderation, Error Log is removed from admin dropdown menus, as is the Error Log button on the Logs page, but if you click on Logs in the dropdown (or sidebar), you still see the error log on the Logs page, but forum won't be logging errors.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

alphacaveman2

Okay, I've set it to enable error logging (I remember turning it off a while back).

So I guess we wait to see if there's an error keeping the signatures from showing.

Also, I want to upgrade, but for a couple of years now it said there "Test failed" for ./Sources/QueryString.php and then under that it says "Replace ./Sources/QueryString.php Test failed."

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alphacaveman2

Hi,

I'm sorry I've been away. My mom was diagnosed with cancer and I've been getting her to treatments and a surgery. Long story short the prognosis seems optimistic and I'm back to where I can focus on this.

SO, I set my forum to start logging errors and it's collected over 1000 since the last time I posted. I've searched for "signature" and other things related to that and nothing jumps out. Is there something specific I'm looking for?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: