News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Auto-Posting

Started by NeedIt, October 02, 2015, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedIt

I'd like to somehow schedule posts from myself into SMF.  I have done this with Twitter and RSS and it seems like you should be able to do it with SMF as well. 

Do you guys have an out of the box way to do this? 

Or, if all else fails, has anyone built up a set of SQL commands that I can submit to do this?  I can probably figure out a way to do this on my own if I have the SQL for it.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NeedIt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 02, 2015, 08:59:29 PM
I have a post scheduler mod at
http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=172

Question for you:  I'm on a Windows server and I only have Plesk access.  There is a Tasks option open to me where I can theoretically run scripts out of.  I may be able to run powershell or a batch commmand or something.  Will this work with the above?

vbgamer45

Yeah you can use scheduled tasks I run windows servers myself.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NeedIt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 03, 2015, 08:41:13 PM
Yeah you can use scheduled tasks I run windows servers myself.

You have any documentation on this?  I don't see anything on the above page or the Read Me file.

vbgamer45

It looks like you are using SMF 2.0.x then should function automatically as long as you have visitor's using SMF's scheduled task system.

Just check that the task "Check for Scheduled Posts" is enabled

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NeedIt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 04, 2015, 12:54:11 AM
It looks like you are using SMF 2.0.x then should function automatically as long as you have visitor's using SMF's scheduled task system.

Just check that the task "Check for Scheduled Posts" is enabled

I have a lot of the Schedule Tasks enabled including Approval Notifications, Optimize Database, Daily Maintenance, etc.  However, I do not see anything that says "Check for Scheduled Posts" as a Task Name.  Am I okay?

Wait, you mean after I do the install of your SMF Mod, right?

vbgamer45

Yes after you do the install off this mod it adds a task for SMF 2.0

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: