Plugins stop working

Started by Mynamehere, October 03, 2015, 05:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mynamehere

Thanks,

Extract the package to the forum's directory, making sure that you delete upgrade.php and all the upgrade-x.x.sql files, and overwrite index.php, the sources folder, and the themes folder. You can either use FTP or cPanel's File Manager. On your forum, if you have replaced the standard smiley files with your own and/or replaced the standard avatar files, you might want to refrain from uploading both the smileys and the avatars directory. Important Note: If you carried out the optional step, you should also upload the sources from the large upgrade archive before you reinstall any custom themes.

this bit tells me to just extract the zip and put the files in the folder online, telling me to get rid of everything named upgrade and the old index. But.... shouldn't I also be dumping the files
Install.php
install_2-0.mysql.sql
install_2-0.postgresql.sql
install_2-0_sqlite.sql

?

These names remind me of that thing I had to remove first time, for security purposes.

Anyway, I went ahead and did the thing, and I got a perfect copy. I ran the repair_settings thing. And now, it seems, I need to start all over with the packages again. I only hope that all the awards I did define didn't just go away either, a lot of work went in that...

Illori

those files are not in the large upgrade package, so they should be deleted if they are present.

Kindred

well, first of all -- it sounds like you used the install archive instead of the upgrade archive....

however, it seems to have worked for you... and yes -- all of your mods were removed...    that is actually the entire purpose of doing a fresh load of files ---   to restore the FILES to the clean state.

anything you defined in the database is still there (and most mods store the data in the database)
However, depending on how you prepared the site for the clean files -- you may have deleted the IMAGES for your awards... hopefully, you have those images saved somewhere locally and can just replace them on the server.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mynamehere

hmm, maybe they were there from before, yes. I did indeed try a full first (but I forgot about that.

I did the upgrade thing, installed the add-ons (minus the advertisement manager, of which I forgot which it was. One did the trick, they other...killed the site). Had to redo all images -I did indeed have a backup...in my trash can on the desktop...

Now, how do I remove the old one? if I just delete the old files, doesn't installatron then reinstall it each time?

Illori

if you did not install it again, you can just delete the packages in the package manager.

Mynamehere

Uh...
no... I mean: I did a fresh install on a different directory. So the original is now obsolete. How to get rid of it, without killing the DB (again)?

Also: if I upgrade the software, will I get the same problem again?

Kindred

1- upgrading should not have killed the database.   If you had database or other issues with the upgrade, it was almost certainly due to using that autoinstaller.

2- if you don't want the original install, then just delete that whole directory and everything in it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: