SMF 2.1 Comments/General Discussion Board (Was SMF 2.1 Beta 2 Released)

Started by feline, September 23, 2015, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

Quote from: Kindred on September 23, 2015, 07:39:18 AM
this conversation on mods/portals is getting off topic......
Well .. you can create a own board for mod assigned to SMF 2.1 ...

Kindred

since it is still in beta, and we do not officially support distribution of mods for 2.1 yet... no.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Quote from: Kindred on September 23, 2015, 12:22:09 PM
since it is still in beta, and we do not officially support distribution of mods for 2.1 yet... no.

I think feline is asking for a board like "SMF 2.1 Talks".

feline

Whatever  ;)
But I think, there is a lot of peoples they have interest to test SMF 2.1 and also mods they available for this ..

That will helps SMF to locate bugs and other mistakes and also the Mod developer

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

But general dumping grounds for comments invariably turn into questions of why this doesn't work or why does this work the way it does, etc. And now you've got two boards where support-style questions are being answered. Seems to me it would be easier to keep it in one place as it is now.

That's my opinion and probably not worth the paper it's written on. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Oldiesmann

Quote from: live627 on September 23, 2015, 08:42:45 PM
Quote from: Kindred on September 23, 2015, 03:48:46 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=254.0
no

that's not a general dumping ground for comments.

We still have the Next SMF Discussion board that's not being used for anything at the moment. We could always repurpose that...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Antes

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=252.0 < This board users & i actually asking to bring back :)

(Note to users: since the board is archived you cannot see it).

Illori

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 29, 2015, 12:58:00 PM
Quote from: live627 on September 23, 2015, 08:42:45 PM
Quote from: Kindred on September 23, 2015, 03:48:46 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=254.0
no

that's not a general dumping ground for comments.

We still have the Next SMF Discussion board that's not being used for anything at the moment. We could always repurpose that...

that board only team members can start topics in... i really dont see the need to change the purpose of that board.

Quote from: Antes on September 29, 2015, 01:17:27 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=252.0 < This board users & i actually asking to bring back :)

(Note to users: since the board is archived you cannot see it).

being archived does not mean users cannot view it. they just cannot open new topics in it.

Kindred

we don't have a "comments" board for the current release -- why would we for 2.1?      That board had a purpose before there was a release -- but once we had a beta1 release, the 2.1 support board was the appropriate place.
Слaва
Украинi

live627

Quote from: Kindred on September 29, 2015, 02:40:04 PM
we don't have a "comments" board for the current release -- why would we for 2.1?
Because 2.1 is still actively developed. 2.0 is in maintenance, so a place to comment upon it is pointless.

This discussion really needs split off. Shame only the powers that be can do so....

Irisado

Topic split and moved to allow further discussion to take place.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Antes

Quote from: live627 on October 04, 2015, 12:54:59 AM
Quote from: Kindred on September 29, 2015, 02:40:04 PM
we don't have a "comments" board for the current release -- why would we for 2.1?
Because 2.1 is still actively developed. 2.0 is in maintenance, so a place to comment upon it is pointless.

This discussion really needs split off. Shame only the powers that be can do so....

^ +1, bring back SMF 2.1 Comments or RIOT! :P

Advertisement: