News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Journal v2.0 pb 7

Started by bharat, October 04, 2015, 07:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

Is it possible to install Journal v2.0 pb 7 on smf site?

Kindred

what is Journal v2.0 pb 7 ?

and if it is a completely separate software - why would there be any problem installing it on a site that is also running SMF?

mind you, you can't install it in the same directory as SMF...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

Actually I am looking for a blog for our forum and this one I found the best, so I was wondering if I can install it.

Kindred

You know... you need to work on your communication skills (This seems to be a theme with you -- you seem incapable (or unwilling) to explain THE ENTIRE situation/desired outcome -- instead asking half-assed, incomplete questions which actually bear very little direct relationship to your REAL question)

Reading into your question, I ***ASSUME*** that what you *ACTUALLY* meant to ask is :
Can I install Journal v2.0 pb7 and then LINK it to my existing SMF so that member accounts are shared between the two softwares.

that answer to *THAT* question is...      Do you have a bridge?   As far as I know, no one has actually written a bridge for that software (I have never even heard of it)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

I will try to explain when I really need, maybe you can help me and suggest something similar. I am using PMX blog on my forum at the moment and there are quite a few bugs which are making the blog not very comfortable for members and I can't solve them. So I am looking for the best solution and really want to have a good blog for our forum. Can you suggest something?

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on October 04, 2015, 12:29:29 PM
Reading into your question, I ***ASSUME*** that what you *ACTUALLY* meant to ask is :
Can I install Journal v2.0 pb7 and then LINK it to my existing SMF so that member accounts are shared between the two softwares.

that answer to *THAT* question is...      Do you have a bridge?   As far as I know, no one has actually written a bridge for that software (I have never even heard of it)
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

I don't have a bridge, that's why I asked if it is possible to install this blog or something similar to which I can get a bridge.

Illori

you just cant "get" a bridge. it has to be coded. this is not a known software to us so we are not aware of any bridge that exists. you would have to find someone to create one if one does not exist.

there is nothing stopping you from installing it if your server meets the requirements.

bharat

Are there any other blogs which I can install?

Kindred

I believe that there is a bridge to WordPress (again, not created by us -- but it's out there)

Other than that -- there are several mods which either make a blog in your SMF or change the view of one board to look blog-like.
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

I found only a Simple Blog here but I need something with more option inside the forum.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

bharat

The link you provided is not opening.

Kindred

Ah. Looks like they shut down....
ok... try PMXBlog?

over on Portamx.com
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

That's what I have now but it has a lot of bugs which I can't fix and they don't reply.

Kindred

then you are either going to have to deal with pmxblogs -- use WordPress -- or find another software to blog and have someone build a bridge for you.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: