Need help with uploading 2.0.11 to my site using Package Manager

Started by Oboiro500, October 04, 2015, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oboiro500

I am trying to install the 2.0.11 upgrade. I am now using 2.0.5. I have downloaded and extracted the files for 2.0.11 I wish to upload it to my site using the Package Manager.
I have reached the page but cannot find the upload link.
I would have liked to upload the .zip file if possible.

Steve

Wait, are you trying to go from 2.0.5 to 2.0.11 directly with the upgrade patch? Because you can't do that.

You must upgrade in steps (2.0.5 to 2.0.6 to 2.07 etc.).

To do it directly, read this: Upgrading

If you already knew this, ignore this post. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Oboiro500

I did not know I did to go onw step higher at a time. O k. how do I upload the 2.0.6 now?

Steve

There should be a notice in your Package Manager that 2.0.6 is available and it should be a clickable link. If not, you can go to the page Illori linked to and get the patch, then use the Package Manager to install  it.

After installing, there should be a notice that 2.0.7 is available. If not, do the same thing as above and so on.

If you don't have a lot of mods and themes installed you could just do a full upgrade ... read the link I posted.

Oboiro500

Steve

In the first sentence under 'Latest Packages' you see 'click here to install'. That's a link.

It looks like you're on 2.02, not 2.0.5 ...

It would be a good idea to do a backup first as you're going to do a lot of patching.

Oboiro500

I have seen it. I clinked on it and it said 2.0.3 downloaded successfully. I am now where it shows install. Meanwhile, I made a "Full Upgrade" or so years ago. Anyway I will go with you and repeat step by step. Yes, I backed up about a month ago.

Oboiro500

I have installed them one after the other. I now have 2.0.11. See attached screen shot. Thanks.

Steve

Advertisement: