News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Cannot log into my own forum site

Started by SageSaffron, October 05, 2015, 12:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SageSaffron

Hi,

Everything was going fine then one day I went onto my site (www.sagesaffron.co.uk/Forum [nofollow]) and found that there was no Login Prompt, No "click here to see replies since your last visit AND no main menu (see pic attached).

Site is hosted by Fatcow and so I tried upgrading to latest version (wnet from 2.05 to 2.011) but no change. Tried repair_settings which highlighted a SQL error so Fatcow sorted this.

Still have problem. Cannot even access through Fatcow Installs Admin Login- just get taken to a page with "Unable to load Themes/default/Errors.template.php!" I have been into file manager and the file is there.

I have them working on it but any help would be appreciated.

Kindred

actually, it looks to me as if your text strings are missing... the buttons are actually THERE in the code... they are just missing the text and thus are not displaying...

However....  there is no such thing as "one day, it just happened"
Everything in code and computers has a cause...

http://www.sagesaffron.co.uk/Forum/index.php?action=login
fails... with the error message...    that suggests that maybe Settings.php or your database has the wrong paths... 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SageSaffron

Hi Kindred,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I am not a techo and not sure what I can do. It is hosted by Fatcow and they are working on it. I have tried updating to last version and they have tried going to a backup version.

I guess from your comment that its been hacked somehow.

Jade Elizabeth

If you send me a PM I can come take a look for you....otherwise I would double check the language files are in the Default theme...and if you think you've been hacked I would upload a fresh set of files and make sure nothing sus is in there. I can also help with that if you need a hand :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: