vB to SMF conversion method question.

Started by aegersz, October 06, 2015, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

if i only have a backup of a vB database, is that enough to start the conversion or does one need access to the vB system that it hangs off ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

margarett

No, but the converter will fail in all attachments/avatars/etc stuff. Not a big issue per se, just a fact ;)

For the converter to work you need to import the database to phpmyadmin (if not there already) and create a dummy admin/config.php file which defines $config['Database']['dbname'] and $config['Database']['tableprefix']
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aegersz

no, not yet there and may never be there but i am still making all preparations; i have built another live system that's waiting.

thanks you but i feel i may have some more questions later.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: