News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Creating a multimedia information store website

Started by Jim88, October 09, 2015, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim88

I am trying to create a website, that will allow users to easily upload documents and multimedia files, download them, keep it all organized, preferably with a search index.  I also want to post articles and news stories.
I'm especially concerned with keeping it organized on the server and not having to manually upload everything to folders there. 
I'm fairly new to SMF so I don't know really where to begin.

I tried uploading one document to the download folder on the server and it doesn't show up in my downloads tab on my site.  Could someone give me some direction on how to accomplish this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Kindred

well, smf is not a file or document management system....  and there is no downloads tab by default...   so you must have installed a mod -- and the mod support topic would be the correct place to ask questions regarding how the mod works (or doesn't work)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: