News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I cannot log in to our message board. SMF 2.1. I am the new admin.

Started by Pooch, October 10, 2015, 03:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooch

When trying to log in to our message board, I'm getting: No data received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE message from Chrome. When I click Details I get the following: Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. I understand what this means but have no idea how it applies to our forum. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks, in advance.

Illori

why are you using 2.1 on a live server? this is not recommended as it is in beta.

Pooch

I'm an idiot. We're running 2.0.11.

The server error is gone and I can log in but when I try to post, I get the following message: The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Pooch

This is the error message we are now receiving:

Database Error
Table './thevolsu_lf72d75llc/smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/thevolsu/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2516

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.11, while your database is at version 2.0.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Pooch

Now I'm getting this message: Table './thevolsu_lf72d75llc/smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Sir Osis of Liver

Use phpmyadmin (in MySQL database section of your host cpanel) to repair the table.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: