cant upgrade, stuck on Messenger fields with the message

Started by Apostaganha, October 11, 2015, 05:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apostaganha

cant upgrade, stuck on Messenger fields with the message:

Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

for hours, huge forum.

LiroyvH

Define huge?
Also curious why you'd run 2.1 in production if it's a huge forum, I hope you're playing with the upgrade on a test board?
(Or at the very least took proper backups if you did try and upgrade the main production forum.)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Apostaganha

Quote from: CoreISP on October 11, 2015, 05:17:32 PM
Define huge?
Also curious why you'd run 2.1 in production if it's a huge forum, I hope you're playing with the upgrade on a test board?
(Or at the very least took proper backups if you did try and upgrade the main production forum.)

of course i made the backups.

Because i was having problems with the 2.012.

more than 1.5 milion messages

LiroyvH

Ok. Be aware that 2.1 is not declared fit for production, you may run in to issues (later down the line).

1.5 million is large, but not extreme. But it obviously takes too long for the system to be happy.
I *thought* the upgrader would pause in between partial steps, but I haven't really had a look at upgrading a board to 2.1 yet.

Generally, with larger forums I *really* prefer running the required queries through the mySQL command line.
Have you considered doing that?

br360

Quote from: Apostaganha on October 11, 2015, 05:21:16 PM
any tip? roll back?

You can restore from your latest backup. Did I read correctly that you are using smf version 1.0.12; or were you saying you were having issues with 2.0.12?

Apostaganha

Quote from: CoreISP on October 11, 2015, 05:24:37 PM
Ok. Be aware that 2.1 is not declared fit for production, you may run in to issues (later down the line).

1.5 million is large, but not extreme. But it obviously takes too long for the system to be happy.
I *thought* the upgrader would pause in between partial steps, but I haven't really had a look at upgrading a board to 2.1 yet.

Generally, with larger forums I *really* prefer running the required queries through the mySQL command line.
Have you considered doing that?

how do i do that? where are que queries?

Apostaganha

Quote from: br360 on October 11, 2015, 05:26:26 PM
Quote from: Apostaganha on October 11, 2015, 05:21:16 PM
any tip? roll back?

You can restore from your latest backup. Did I read correctly that you are using smf version 1.0.12; or were you saying you were having issues with 2.0.12?

yes 2.012

LiroyvH

Exactly what were you running...? This is a bit confusing, because there is no 2.0.12; 2.0.11 is the latest version.
Yes you can roll back if that's what you prefer.

Waiting 2 hours for what?

br360

Quote from: Apostaganha on October 11, 2015, 05:27:48 PM
ima already waiting for more thant 2 hours...

To upgrade or to restore?

I agree with CoreISP that you should really not be using 2.1 on a live site; as there are probably a lot of things that are going to be changed and there most likely will be issues down the road. My suggestion would be to restore back to 2.0.11 and then once that is done, you can start a new topic describing what issues you originally had and hopefully someone will be able to help you with that.

Kindred

sounds like the system IS pausing between sub-systems...

which beta are you running?  the one from the site here, or the one from github?  because, the one from the site here is alreayd significantly outdated and has lots of known issues (hence the BETA notation)

seriously, you would be better served to restore your 2.0.11 backup and continue running 2.0.x

and do note... there currently is no 2.0.12... so you could not have been running that version; :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

I've seen that once while testing B2 before it got released. But because no one else was able to reproduce it, I assumed there was some issue with my old, original database.

Can you try the conversion again, this time NOT choosing mysqli?

Of course, all warnings about Beta versions in production sites are valid ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: