News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Seen feature on personal messages

Started by Akrso, October 13, 2015, 10:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akrso

So, I'm here to request adding a simple SMF mod which is seen feature on personal messages which allows you to check if your sent message is seen by the recipient. You'd be able to see the seen icon in the inbox sometimes and sent items for certain as shown below like in facebook and whatsapp chat for instance.

Akrso

Sorry for double posting but I couldn't edit my post and as this topic was moved to here, I just noticed the required format, so gonna add it here.

Version
SMF 2.0.x

Description
So, I'm here to request adding a simple SMF mod which is seen feature on personal messages that allows you to check if your sent message is seen by the recipient. You'd be able to see the seen icon in the inbox sometimes and sent items for certain as shown below like in facebook and whatsapp chat for instance  as sometimes when you send a message to someone and don't find a reply, you get confused whether he didn't check it or ignored it.

Permissions
None

Feature Set
I actually don't really understand what this section needs, maybe you can answer it after checking the whole idea, I think it doesn't all this.

br360

This mod should do what you are looking for- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2228

It won't tell you when a pm was read, but at least you will know that a private message you sent someone was in fact read or not.

Akrso

Quote from: br360 on October 13, 2015, 10:17:26 PM
This mod should do what you are looking for- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2228

It won't tell you when a pm was read, but at least you will know that a private message you sent someone was in fact read or not.
So if I sent a message to someone, then if he didn't read it, I would see the message in bold ?
And if he read it, I wouldn't see the message in bold ?

br360

Their name would be in bold until they read the pm you sent them.

Akrso

Thanks mate, that's what I was searching for.
I really appreciate your time and effort, thanks again.

br360

Akrso

But is this mod working with whole SMF 2.0.x or just 2.0.3 and 2.0.6 ?

Shambles

Akrso

Quote from: Shambles on October 14, 2015, 08:39:51 AM
It works on my 2.0.11 installation.
Man, you're a saint.
I'm really grateful to you but can you provide some screenshots please ?

Shambles

There are screenshots on the mods download page you linked to ;)

Akrso

I just need it as a proof that it's working on 2.0.11 ::) So can you take a screenshot of your forum version besides too ?

Shambles

Yup, I'll do it when I get home from work.

Shambles

In the meantime, here's a pacman screeny with forum version

Akrso

Kindred

why would you need "proof" that it is working on 2.0.11?
His message saying "it's working for me" isn't enough?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Akrso

Chill, I asked him to provide a proof because I'm suggesting to add this mod on another forum which isn't mine but I'm just suggesting to add it and when some of the community members saw that mod, they told me that it doesn't fit the forum as it's SMF version 2.0.11 while the mod says it's compatible with 2.0.3 and 2.0.6. So I need screenshots to show them that it's working fine and to forward my suggestion based on this proof.

Kindred

That "proof" is lacking details, however....

specifically:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

Basically -- any mod for 2.0.x will probably work on any other version of 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Akrso

That's what I told them as the mod says at the bottom that it's working with version 2.0.x, but no one believed.
Anyways, thanks for that link. I would give it to the owner of the forum or the one who is responsible of installing mods in case he failed to install it.

Advertisement: