News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Missing PM sign with the latest upgrade

Started by burd, October 13, 2015, 01:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burd

Since the last upgrade I noticed that you don't see a pm or how many pm's you have on the forum now, a pop up still alerts you if you have it turned on, I don't see anywhere in the admin side where it would be turned off. 
Who'd a know'd the better

burd

Kindred

which "last upgrade"
Please provide actual version numbers.

I suspect there may have been a conflict with a mod on your site... because I am using 2.0.11 on half a dozen sites and I see the new PM count in the main menu on those sites (including this one)

or it could be your theme...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

It's unlikely that this was caused by our update (to be clear, are you talking about 2.0.10 --> 2.0.11?)

You only get the "My Messages [xx]" PM notice on the menu, other than the popup. Not sure what you are expecting to see or lost?
Does it work with default theme?

edit: ninja'd :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

burd

We only get a pop up now if you have that turned on, otherwise you don't know a pm is new and waiting.   Yes, it's 2.0.11

burd

We always had it before, just noticed lately is wasn't on.  The members are saying the email alert is now directed in their junk mail too. 

burd

It's really not a big deal but the alert was nice,

Kindred

mods installed?

Does it work on the default theme (if you switch back to that from your custom theme)?

the email alert to junk mail would be an issue on their side of things -- or maybe on your side, if you are sending email from a domain other than your website domain (like gmail?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

burd

The message was moved to another place in the tool bar, would that do it? My web guy made a different layout and added a few more places.

Illori

it is possible depending on what was done.

burd

Ok, I wanted to ask here, I'm meeting with him tomorrow, we will check some things

Thanks for the quick responses. 

Kindred

just moving it... no... but if, in the process of moving it, he changed the code -- perhaps.
Слaва
Украинi

burd

Some other thing were added to the home page but that's Wordpress, the video embedder was added to the forum along with a few more  "buttons" to take you back to the home page to do things.  I'll tell him what you said to check. 

Steve

This is the first thing I'd do before digging any deeper:

Quote from: Kindred on October 13, 2015, 01:52:00 PMDoes it work on the default theme (if you switch back to that from your custom theme)?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: