Issue with search, since migration to new domain

Started by braemt, October 17, 2015, 03:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braemt

Ever since we've migrated the forum to a new domain, our search engine is giving irrelevant results. I've tried to fix it by tweaking the weight of the results, but it doesn't change anything. Do you guys know what might be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Braemt

Kindred

Did you run repair_settings.php after the move?

what smf version?
What mods installed?
what search index method are you using?
what is the URL of your forum?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

braemt

I clicked the button (on the themes and settings page), to set the correct new paths. Most were correctly updated, but I had to manually edit some more (attachment, smileys, avatars,...). This all works correct, since the forum has gone live a couple of days ago.

The version is 1.1.5
I don't think there are mods installed.
Search index used, is without index, nothing ticked.
www.cbnu.be/forum (dutch/english)

Thank you for the reply

Kind regards,
Braemt

braemt

The users let me know that when searching a word, it works fine. But when searching a number (date), totally irrelevant results pop up all over the place.

Kind regards,
Braemt

Kindred

1.1.5?

OMG....

upgrade immediately. -- as in **NOW**

You are 16 revisions behind..  almost all of them security related.

Actually... if you have no mods, then I suggest upgrading to 2.0.11

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

braemt

Ok, I will test that.

Is there a tutorial to do that? I tried to update, but my hosting company blocks that. I think I need to do it offline?

Kind regards,
Braemt

Illori

braemt

It was a giant hassle to do it (since I don't have FTP right on the current host), but I did it.

Search works fine again. Probably a bug in the migration.

Fully updated to 2.0.11 now!

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards from Belgium,
Braemt

Advertisement: