Serenity Servers Cpanel-Redirects broken

Started by Crenox, October 26, 2015, 11:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenox

Hello,

First of all when I install the SMF I am meant to be re directed to /install.php however I am not I am directed to http/install.php so the link doesnt work. I found a way of getting around it by typing /install.php and just going straight to it instead of being re directed.

Then the second problem occurred, I got to step 3 and I filled everything out correctly, then I went on to step 4. I left the tickboxes as the defaults and changed the url from the default which was my domain duplicated twice, to it on its own. In otherwords it duplicated itself, not sure if that is normal. Anyway I then pressed continue and it redirected me back to step 3, impossible to get around. The webhost, Serenity Servers, have contacted CPanel about it however they keep responding with "It is SMF's fault not ours". So Im really here to tell you about the bug and if it is on your end, can I know when I can be fixed?

Regards,

Crenox

Crenox

Livaco

Quote from: Crenox on October 26, 2015, 11:31:17 AM
I left the tickboxes as the defaults and changed the url from the default which was my domain duplicated twice, to it on its own. In otherwords it duplicated itself
What do you mean by "they were duplicated"... as in : http://www.myforum.com/ http://www.myforum.com/ : in the textbox?

Crenox

yeah it was exactly like that, but with my domain. so I removed the duplicated one. they were both in the same box.

Kindred

well, given that they claim it is out fault --  have they presented any evidence  in the form of logs or even an explanation as to why they believe it is our fault?

Because I have installed SMF on more than 60 servers at this point (albeit, never on the host, Serenity Servers) and have never encountered the errors that you describe.
While it is not completely impossible that there is a glitch somewhere -- the more likely scenario is a odd or poor configuration on the server side which is preventing things from completing.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Livaco

ive also installed it on 3 different servers and also have never encounterd the problem
try leaving it their (the 2 links) and see what happens

Crenox

Well I am only here to ask if it is and how to fix. I spoke to the ceo of serenity servers and I was asking him if I can get a lead time for the fix and he said "well everytime I speak to CPanel they say it is the things people are installing, but it happens to everyone"

Also I did leave the two links and it still did it.

Livaco

This: "but it happens to everyone" is what the owner said?
that's it, I'm so unhappy with them saying its our fault. it if it happens to everyone its something with the c-panel as if it was us all the other people in the other servers with the same host would not have it. ive installed smf on another link here for me to test the mod I'm creating and that's 2.0.11 and working. I never had that when I was installing. it obviously their fault.

Kindred

Ok. To be clear...   your host has said "the Cpanel vendor just told us 'it is always due to something else that the user installed.'" ??

If so - then we need some ACTUAL EVIDENCE that there is really a problem with our software.
As I said earlier, it is not impossible that there is an issue, but I have never seen this issue, with more than 60 installations.

Without SPECIFIC debug information, it is unlikely that we can tell you "how to fix" -- or even have any idea what could be wrong....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: