News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Archive Topics

Started by Aunt Sally, October 29, 2015, 06:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aunt Sally

I've searched through the wiki and through my Admin. Centre to see if there is a way to automaticly move topics to an archive board (or boards) when they have not been posted to for a period of time.

I can see how to remove them but I would rather archive them so that they are available to admin and moderators if needed in the future.

Steve

I don't know if this is automated or not but in a quick search:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=503

Edit: after reading through the support thread for that mod I find it is not automated and I couldn't find a mod that is.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Aunt Sally

Many thanks for moving this topic here, Kindred.

I think you've answered my question, Steve, in that it can't be done without a new mod.

It's not important enough to me to request that so I'll close the topic.

Many thanks again  :D

margarett

Do note that it should be more or less easy to add this as a scheduled task (which runs, eg, daily)

The admin interface of the MOD basically gathers data for a function to run the real action. So if you create a scheduled task which calls (or mimics) that action and feed it the data that would otherwise be supplied from the admin interface, it should work the same ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: