Replace With:
' . (!empty($topic_selects) ? ', ' . implode(', ', $topic_selects) : '') . '

Find:
' . (!empty($msg_selects) ? implode(',', $msg_selects) : '') . '

Replace With:
' . (!empty($msg_selects) ? ', ' . implode(', ', $msg_selects) : '') . '

Cheers :)

Suki

The first one is already fixed, I've committed a fix for the second one. Please verify and always use the latest code from github to make sure the issue still exists.

Thank you for the report.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

SoLoGHoST

Hello, thanks.  I am using from what you are releasing here on the SMF Site.  I am not going to use Github to research what you have and have not fixed.  I simply do not have the time to do that.  You should all be very grateful that I report the bug to you to begin with.  Doesn't matter to me, either way.  This really only helps you guys to make it a better SMF Forum.  Does absolutely nothing for me reporting this to you all.

On another note:  The more difficult you guys make it to report bugs, the less bug reports you will get, I'm sure.  One should not have to learn another language/program/website in order to report a Bug with an application, other than the languages/website that is specific to that application.

Kindred

While we appreciate the reports -- and the effort put in to find and fix issues -- the software is still in beta.
It is being updated weekly, if not daily...
The current codebase has been significantly updated and changed form the beta2 release made on this site.

While I am not a huge fan of github, reporting issues and grabbing a clean copy of the "nightly" build is not difficult (actually, I would hazard that it is actually MORE difficult to get to the download page here. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Suki

Thing is, you will most likely end up reporting already fixed bugs...  which of course will be a detriment on your already super busy day!

BTW, you don't have to do any research for us, you only need to use the latest code from github (which is two clicks away) and continue building your mod just like you are already been doing.

Relaying on old code to base your mod on is not a very good idea though, until the codebase reaches a semi-stable cycle (IE an RC release) it will be constantly changing and the behavior you rely to build your mod on might not be the same anymore, thats what betas are for and thats precisely why we don't encourage mod authors to build mods for SMF 2.1 just yet.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

SoLoGHoST

If you don't want people reporting bugs in this board, than you should not have this board available.  Perhaps it should be archived, or perhaps make this a redirect board to Github instead?

Suki

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 04, 2015, 12:00:55 PM
If you don't want people reporting bugs in this board, than you should not have this board available.  Perhaps it should be archived, or perhaps make this a redirect board to Github instead?

The preferable method to report issues is indeed our bug tracker over at github, however, regular users can still use this board to report bugs if they so desire. Those who want to report bugs on this very own board are strongly encourage to read our guidelines.

SoLoGHoST

Why you guys don't build a function that will update the SMF 2.1 Download on the SMF Site with what is on Github?  That way you can have this run on a daily bases.  Can set this up via Cron also.  Anyways, I think I speak for all when I say, people come to site and go to download link on site, not github.  Developers can go to github, surely, but most end-users will not.  I prefer to be treated as an end-user, since that is what I am, not a developer for SMF.

Suki

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 04, 2015, 12:11:25 PM
Why you guys don't build a function that will update the SMF 2.1 Download on the SMF Site with what is on Github?  That way you can have this run on a daily bases.  Can set this up via Cron also.  Anyways, I think I speak for all when I say, people come to site and go to download link on site, not github.  Developers can go to github, surely, but most end-users will not.  I prefer to be treated as an end-user, since that is what I am, not a developer for SMF.

Sure, if you were an end-user I wouldn't have told you to go and download the latest build from github. It would have been a totally different case with a totally different approach on my part.  Less technically detailed, more "supportive" kind of thing.

You are updating a mod or creating a mod for 2.1, that alone sets a totally different context.  You aren't an end-user, you know SMF and you know how to modify it, thus, my approach is totally different, its more technically detailed and I assume you are already acquainted with SMF/code terminology.

Mod authors really shouldn't update their mods to be compatible with beta software and if they really want to do it then they need to assume the risks and flaws of doing so, one of the things mod developers needs to assume is the fact that they should always test their code with the latest codebase available. In this case, the latest codebase available is located at github.

Theres a difference between a so called nightly build and a proper release.

We can't update our release packages with new code on a daily basis, that will only confuse users who will be downloading the software and whats worst, we will have zero control over which package do they downloaded.

So no, updating our release page isn't an option and its not optimal anyway.

Coders, testers and people who are really interested on testing and building mods for this beta version should use our github page to get the latest code, it really isn't that difficult to go to that page and click the download button ::) you don't even have to be registered.

SoLoGHoST

We are all end-users to a degree.  Anyways, this topic is getting too long already.  I notice that topics I start seem to drag for some reason.  Not my intention, but you all here are very helpful at explaining things to me.  We all have different points of view, and it's nice to hear them all.

Also, I am simply updating a mod for SMF, after which, I'm done with SMF.  Not even sure I will even be an end-user anymore either.  I own absolutely no SMF sites.  Sad to say, I deal with CMS' now, not Forum Softwares (which are IMO dead).

Advertisement: