News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Blank White page with error

Started by topthumb, November 06, 2015, 03:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topthumb

I updated some of my forums to the latest 1.1.21 version and it worked fine for awhile but since two days ago all I get is a blank white page and if you right click on the page and select view page source it give the following error: <!-- SHTML Wrapper - 500 Server Error -->

I have a feeling it's something that my host did to make this happen which is Hostmonster.

Anything I could do to remedy this problem? I put up a generic index.html page just to let my members know that the forum is still there, just not working.

BTW, the forums I have that were not upgraded still work fine.

Kindred

get a better host?

Upgrade to SMF 2.0.11?

Check with your host, since a 500 error indicates a server-side problem

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

topthumb

I can't upgrade, I have no access to the site. I have put in a ticket to the host and waiting for an answer.

Kindred

perhaps you should request access from the host while you are at it...  1.1.x is at the end of its life and support will actually STOP when 2.1 is released.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

topthumb

I think I had thought about updating to 2 awhile ago but there was a snag like maybe I couldn't move my database from 1.1 to 2.0 or something, I really don't remember now.

topthumb

OK, I was able to get into the log errors and this is what it gave me right after I tried to access my forum:

[Fri Nov 06 18:01:12 2015] [error] [client] Zend Optimizer requires Zend Engine API version 220060519.
[Fri Nov 06 18:01:12 2015] [error] [client] The Zend Engine API version 220131226 which is installed, is newer.
[Fri Nov 06 18:01:12 2015] [error] [client] Contact Zend Technologies at http://www.zend.com/ for a later version of Zend Optimizer.
[Fri Nov 06 18:01:12 2015] [error] [client]
[Fri Nov 06 18:01:12 2015] [error] [client] Premature end of script headers: 500.php

My question is what the heck is Zend and then the premature end of script headers? I haven't changed anything for a long time.

More errors I found:  PHP Fatal error: Directive 'allow_call_time_pass_reference' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0

[<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './../common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home4/altered6/public_html/adm/index.php on line 20

Like I said earlier, I have not made any changes to the forum at all for years other than updates from SMF so it must be something the host changed.

Kindred

Zend Optimizer is a caching  engine...   based on the error, your host needs to upgrade the engine
Слaва
Украинi

topthumb

Yeah, they'll do that alright. Is there a way I can reverse the update I did and go back to the one before that? Probably not.

I did get a notice from them that they were updating the servers so maybe they are.

topthumb

It was the hosting companies fault, they changed the version of their php version and didn't bother to tell their clients about it.

Advertisement: