Backing up old SMF forum but keeping it viewable offline?

Started by blankoboy, November 09, 2015, 11:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blankoboy

I have an SMF forum (v1.1.4) that I want to retire but I want to keep it viewable offline if possible.
Can anyone advise on the best process for doing this?
Thanks.

Kindred

Disable all permissions except read posts for all membergroups
disable registration

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

blankoboy

Thank you for your reply but I think my explanation was not sufficient. I want to retire the site and back it up but remain view able offline (not on the Internet) on a local PC but would prefer not to have to set up a WAMP/LAMP environment. I guess though that it is the only real option, right?

Kindred

yes.  SMF has no "flat files"
it requires a web server with php and mysql....   so you can only view it if you have that running.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

blankoboy

So set up a LAMP/WAMP virtual machine and restore the DB and directory structure I suppose?

Kindred

and run repair_settings.php, otherwise it will still be looking for the original web connection details
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: