Upgrade 2.0 RC4 - 2.0.4

Started by omen666, November 10, 2015, 05:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omen666

Hi All.  Everything backed up, data and SQL db's uploaded new files via ftp.  but getting an error on the 4th stage.

Renaming table columns 1 of 42 ...
Error! Server has not responded for 30 seconds Error

I have left it for hours now and clicked to restart.  Restarted the upgrade and done a repairsettings adn still it fails.

I am on my own VPS with full root access. 

margarett

Why are you upgrading to 2.0.4? Go for 2.0.11 ;)

About the timeout, we have witnessed some cases where the time given to the operations is not enough. Here's another case exactly like yours:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535873.0
(same applies, you don't need to run the upgrade process, there are no database changes since your version)

You can also try to extend the timeout in upgrade.php
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=533314.msg3790994#msg3790994
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

omen666

Thanks margarett, will give it a go and report back.

omen666

v 2.0.11

Well I increased the the timeout and it flew through the first few steps and now errors here:

Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "Updating attachment data..." (12 of 42)

!!Error!
Data too long for column 'fileext' at row 750

margarett

It would suggest that any of your files has a larger extension than what's allowed in the attachments table (which is odd, considering that it allows 8 characters and files usually don't have such long extensions)

You can either edit the table structure (extending the VARCHAR(8) to a higher number) or manually check the existing data and find the damned culprit file :P

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

omen666

Thanks margarett,

Will need some hand holding here, what would be the correct syntax for this?  I have found the tables smf_attachments in myphpadmin.  I do not know that the query would be?

margarett

ALTER TABLE `smf_attachments` CHANGE `fileext` `fileext` VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
For 40 characters limit (which is immense!!!)

Or you can do it graphically in phpmyadmin. Go to the table, Structure, then find the "fileext" and click the "Change" link at its right. Change the "Length", save, done ;)

omen666

Well it gets weirder.  There is no column called filext in smf_attachments.  I cannot see it via the GUI myphpadmin nor if I use the SQL code, it states:  #1054 - Unknown column 'fileext' in 'smf_attachments'

Edit, I tried to "cheat" and created a table within smf_attachments in order to fool it but no go either.

margarett

How odd... The upgrade was supposed to create that column before it starts to populate it
---# Altering attachment table.
ALTER TABLE {$db_prefix}attachments
ADD COLUMN fileext varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',
ADD COLUMN mime_type varchar(20) NOT NULL default '';

ALTER TABLE {$db_prefix}attachments
ADD COLUMN id_folder tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '1';

omen666

Sorry margarett, I get the following error:

Error
SQL query:

ALTER TABLE {$db_prefix}attachments ADD COLUMN fileext VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '',
ADD COLUMN mime_type VARCHAR( 20 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '';

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$db_prefix}attachments
ADD COLUMN fileext varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',
ADD' at line 1

margarett

No, you weren't supposed to run that, I was just saying (and showing) that the upgrader *should* be creating that column :(

I don't have any ideas for now, I need to sleep because it's late :P and I'll get back at this tomorrow.

omen666

margarett, you are going to kill me.  I have slept on it and come back fresh.  I ran a repair_settings.php and noticed that the sql db I was looking at was the old one I used for years so automatically looked there.  I looked at the new one that the repair_settings referenced and the fileext column is there and the VARCAR was set to 4, I increased this to 40 as said earlier and it flew through the upgrade.

Many thanks for all your help.

Advertisement: