It wont let me

Started by DanMB, November 10, 2015, 06:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanMB

It wont let me install a theme it like stays on the same page does nothing using chrome while doing this

margarett

How are you installing the theme? Baby steps please ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DanMB

Quote from: margarett on November 10, 2015, 07:14:00 PM
How are you installing the theme? Baby steps please ;)
so admin - configuration - theme - manage and install

Colin

Any indication of a page load or error?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

DanMB

Quote from: Colin on November 11, 2015, 02:48:35 AM
Any indication of a page load or error?
its says page can not be found

margarett

What is the URL that appears in your browser when that error occurs?
Does it trigger the error immediately after you press the install button, or does it "think" for a while and finally returns that error?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DanMB

Quote from: margarett on November 11, 2015, 11:51:35 AM
Does it trigger the error immediately after you press the install button, or does it "think" for a while and finally returns that error?
it 'thinks' then the it says the page does not exist

DanMB

Quote from: DanMB on November 11, 2015, 12:06:35 PM
Quote from: margarett on November 11, 2015, 11:51:35 AM
it 'thinks' then the it says the page does not exist
error This webpage is not available

ERR_ACCESS_DENIED
Hide details
The webpage at http://myfifacareer.com/index.php?action=admin;area=theme;sa=install might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

margarett

Access denied brings mod_security to the "game"...

Talk to your host, ask them if they have mod_security installed. If so, ask them to disable it and try again.
Tell them that you're having "access denied" in a certain operation of your forum, they can check their logs and maybe identify the issue.

DanMB

Quote from: margarett on November 11, 2015, 01:43:51 PM

Talk to your host, ask them if they have mod_security installed. If so, ask them to disable it and try again.
Tell them that you're having "access denied" in a certain operation of your forum, they can check their logs and maybe identify the issue.
im using chrome

DanMB

Quote from: DanMB on November 11, 2015, 01:46:06 PM
Quote from: margarett on November 11, 2015, 01:43:51 PM

im using chrome
like it worked before

margarett

Which reinforces the possibilities of that being mod_security, your host might have applied new configurations to the server.

DanMB

Quote from: margarett on November 11, 2015, 01:51:54 PM
Which reinforces the possibilities of that being mod_security, your host might have applied new configurations to the server.
ah right ok

Advertisement: