Upgrade from 1.1.21 to 2.0.11 > Server has not responded for 30 seconds Error

Started by Necleto, November 13, 2015, 12:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necleto

Hi everyone,

I have searched extensively and I can find other with somewhat similar issue, but I don't find any solution to my issue.

The thing is that the upgrade script starts well and then is stuck at the following step:
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating ban system..." (12 of 19 - of this script)

And then I get the message that server did not respond for 30 seconds:
Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

My forum is not that big. Total size of the db is around 60M.
Nothing shows up in the error_log file. No other message appear.

Also, I can see that the script itself stops running after sometime on the server.

I do run the forum on a dedicated server, so I can control/have access to all resources.

Can you point me toward some checks to do?

Thanks a lot!

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Necleto

Thanks for the inputs, Margarett.

There is 787 rows in smf_ban_groups and 2,540 rows in smf_ban_items, I guess this is not a lot...

I have tried to let the script work for 120 seconds, with the same results.
What can I check to see if something happened in db or if it has just done nothing during that time?

margarett

That is quite alot, SMF-wise. Regarding the database operations it's no showstopper, 2500 rows is nothing.

That being said, I can't tell you why it hangs. I do know that this operation comes from upgrade_1-1.sql which, AFAIK, shouldn't be used when upgrading from 1.1.x --> 2.0.x. Fact is that it runs, but I can't really say why :(

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Necleto

So, is this step unnecessary? In that case, can we just bypass it in some ways?

margarett

I'm sorry, I'm not sure. I asked our developers for help, we have to wait for one of them to get here ;)

Necleto

Thanks for your assistance, Margarett.

I'll wait for one of the coder to show up. I hope it can be soon :-)

Advertisement: