News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search is always broken on the SMF site.

Started by Spamiam, October 22, 2005, 11:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spamiam

QuotePlease forgive us for the mess; this section has not yet been completed. For now, please direct your attention to the forum.

...which returns a stressed-out server error when searched.

I have a difficult time finding the information I seek here.

Developing non-forum support would probably allievate most problems for both the users and the server.  ;D

Elmacik

at the top of this page, you will see an entire search.
try that when the SMF search is disabled due to server stress
Home of Elmacik

JayBachatero

This has been discussed a number of time.  This server is quite old and usage is getting heavy as the community grows.  A new server was purchased that is ready to have the files moved over to that one.  Also another reason might be that a backup is running. 

If you want to get search results use the entire site search ;)
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Spamiam

The reason is because the support section (click) has never been developed, and instead refers to the forum - so people have to search the forum/site for even basic questions.

QuotePlease forgive us for the mess; this section has not yet been completed. For now, please direct your attention to the forum.

Google's second best. If the support section isn't going to be developed (which would allievate most of the stress), how about linking the search to Google instead of to "Warning Will Robinson - The Site Search Is OverLoaded". 

Advertisement: