News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

post/save button should be longer like Message edit screen has.

Started by aegersz, November 17, 2015, 10:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

I am running 2.0.11 and woukd like to see the post/save & preview button be made larger by being longer.

this would bring it in line with the Message creation post.

simply put, the post/save button should be bigger -- mobile device users will thank you.

It's too small.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

br360

You can do this in your theme's css

Look for

.buttonlist ul li a span
{
background: url(../images/theme/menu_gfx.png) no-repeat 100% -60px;
display: block;
height: 19px;
line-height: 19px;
padding: 0 8px 0 0;
}

replace with:

.buttonlist ul li a span
{
background: url(../images/theme/menu_gfx.png) no-repeat 100% -60px;
display: block;
height: 19px;
line-height: 19px;
font-size: 15pt;
padding: 0 8px 0 0;
}

That font-size: 15pt; can be changed to whatever size pt. you think will work.

You may have to make some other changes in the "/* Styles for the standard button lists." area to make everything fit neatly, but it's a start and will make the buttons larger.

br360

That change would take care of the "new topic" and those type of buttons. If you are trying to increase the size of the Post and Preview tabs, that can be done here-

Find:
/* Buttons should be styled a bit differently, in order to make them look more button'ish. */
.button_submit, .button_reset
{
background: #cde7ff url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat;
border: 1px solid #aaa;
cursor: pointer;
font-weight: normal;
}

Replace with:
/* Buttons should be styled a bit differently, in order to make them look more button'ish. */
.button_submit, .button_reset
{
background: #cde7ff url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat;
border: 1px solid #aaa;
cursor: pointer;
font-size: 14pt;
font-weight: normal;
}

Kindred

However, since this is in feature requests...   That is unlikely to happen with 2.0.x and 2.1 alreayd has a much cleaner responsive theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

I can wait until 2.1 and if not then I'll made your code change.

thank you !
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: