Fresh install and captchas arent showing up

Started by cockmagic, November 18, 2015, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockmagic

Hey,

Just setup smf 2.0.11 and have one security question and captcha set but on my registeration page both of them dont show up also tried setting them up in order to post same problem just not there. Could some please help?

Steve

First, captcha is useless.

Second, you should have a base of 10 to 20 questions with 3 or 4 being required to answer. That will eliminate the majority of spam.

Under the Anti-Spam area where you set your question, what do you have in the box for 'Number of verification questions user must answer'?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kiriakos GR

I will agree too, just add few questions.
Simple ones .... The name of the capital of Greece ?   etc etc

Illori

that is too simple, if you can easily google the question and get the answer it is too easy for the bots to find the answer to.

cockmagic

Quote from: Steve on November 18, 2015, 10:12:03 AM
First, captcha is useless.

Second, you should have a base of 10 to 20 questions with 3 or 4 being required to answer. That will eliminate the majority of spam.

Under the Anti-Spam area where you set your question, what do you have in the box for 'Number of verification questions user must answer'?

I have 2 set. And the security question shows up when making posts but both do not show up on registeration, also how come captchas dont work? Also maybe a problem is my permissions? if so where would i find the captchas to change the permissions?

Kindred

there is no permission for captcha... especially not for registration.

However, the basic captcha is absolutely useless. the bots can solve it even quicker than a real human.

You need to have 10-20 questions in your question pool - and then ask 2-3 per registration.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cockmagic

Quote from: Kindred on November 18, 2015, 09:52:50 PM
there is no permission for captcha... especially not for registration.

However, the basic captcha is absolutely useless. the bots can solve it even quicker than a real human.

You need to have 10-20 questions in your question pool - and then ask 2-3 per registration.
ok but back to my problem questions dont show up on registration either how do i fix this problem?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cockmagic

Quote from: Kindred on November 18, 2015, 10:21:57 PM
What mods do you have installed?

I have no mods like i said out of the box smf 2.0.11 no problems whats so ever execpt for this.

Kindred

Then I recommend loading a fresh set of files, with the exception of settings.php which you need to keep
Слaва
Украинi

cockmagic

Quote from: Kindred on November 19, 2015, 01:03:25 AM
Then I recommend loading a fresh set of files, with the exception of settings.php which you need to keep
will this remove my current boards i have setup and other settings?

margarett

No, it won't. All data (except attachments) is stored in the database, not in files.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

=aXe=

When you enter your Admin Panel, go to Security and Moderation and then to Anti-Spam. See if "Require verification on registration page" box is checked.

cockmagic

Quote from: =aXe= on November 20, 2015, 07:36:56 PM
When you enter your Admin Panel, go to Security and Moderation and then to Anti-Spam. See if "Require verification on registration page" box is checked.
******ing hell thank you i am a dumb ass, thanks to every one else for there support.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: