News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

A Mod to mark threads with a Tick or a Cross

Started by shabbadoof, November 19, 2015, 09:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shabbadoof

Hi all

Hoping someone can help me

We have just started running a competition board where people can post comps on our site

I am looking to put in a system where people can look at the subforum and 'tick or cross' comps they have applied for already

This is so they can keep track of where they are

This is a similar system run on another forum

Does anyone know of a way I can implement this?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

shabbadoof

Interesting

Is there any way to change the word from "like" to "entered"

Illori

you would have to ask in the support topic for that mod.

shabbadoof

Have done however the developer hasn't been on here in quite a few months so I don't hold out much hope

Luigi master

Look in the code and find like. Replace it with whatever you want.

margarett

Quote from: Shuban on November 27, 2015, 07:49:12 PM
How about this?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1601
Topic solved is for everyone (if one person marks it solved, it's solved for everyone). If I got it correctly, the user wants a "per-user" system.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

shabbadoof

Yup, you are correct, i want it to be a 'per-user' system

shabbadoof

Sadly again it's no user

I want a user to be able to mark a thread with a tick or a cross and only THEY see how they have marked the thread, just like in the screenshots above

Kindred

So -- writing the mod itself would not be very difficult.

add a new table to track marked topics
in messageindex.php - read the database and check the topic ID
in messageindex.template.php change the display of the icon to "marked" if the user has marked the  topic, otherwise display the icon as normal.

The issue that I see is that the "has_marked" table can quickly become HUGE, depending on how many users and how many marked topics.

Also, possibly a configuration to turn the "mark this topic" on or off by board
(ManageBoards.php, ManageBoards.template.php)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shabbadoof

Any chance you could package that up for me into one of those easily install-able packages please ;)

Kindred

sorry... I don't currently have the time or bandwidth to do that... most of my responses on this site are done in downtime between meetings and on my phone...   while fairly straight forward to do, the mod would require some coding which I can't do on a phone.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

This should be close enough
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=864

Although I don't know if it has any visual indication in MessageIndex if the topic listed is bookmarked or not...

Kindred

I was thinking about that one, margarett, but there is no visual cue added
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

If you really need it done, I can recommend a few coders that will code it for a fair price.

shabbadoof

Advertisement: