Upgrading database from SMF 1.0.3 to 1.1RC1 ?

Started by prismatic, October 23, 2005, 06:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prismatic

Hello! Im in the process of attempting to upgrade my forum software fro 1.0.3 to the 1.1 RC1 version of SMF but the databases are not the same so I cannot port over my database :( Is there a converter floating around that would take a 1.0.3 DB and port it to 1.1RC1? Please? =P

xenovanis

No. You can't use a 1.0.x database with a 1.1 forum. You can't just upgrade your files and leave out the database. You need to do this both.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

prismatic

At the very least I would like to have the members database moved over.. I tried to do it myself, but could not seem to get them to match up :(

xenovanis

You can't. You need to use your 1.0.3 database with a 1.0.3 forum and then upgrade.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

prismatic

I cant upgrade, too many mods make the thing error out like mad :O

xenovanis

J. Williams

I think he means he added many mods which touch lots of the database which will corrupt the upgrade/It might fall to pieces :o
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

xenovanis

Uninstalll your mods first, then upgrade. The way you want to do this is never going to work.

J. Williams

Heres one problem you may face,some mods unistall without unmodifying the database bits leaving traces of errors in it. :'(
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Advertisement: