News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Paid Subscription Setup and Reporting

Started by Nicollett, November 20, 2015, 04:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicollett

I recently had a tech setup the ability to charge for subscriptions. However, it appears I have to manually "ask" each person to go to their forum profile, then click action, then click paid subscriptions to eventually get them to their paypal account to pay the subscription. What I really want is a subscription at the time of signing up for the forum. Is there a module or setting for that?

Reporting

I would love to be able to go to the reporting system and be able to sort by the number of posts, or the date registered, or basically any of the already listed criteria shown on the search member function and then be able to print the report. Also, it would be really helpful to have a print membership list ability. Printing a list of membership today, and the stack of papers is 2" thick, there has to be a better way, other than going to each page of members and printing.

Nicollett
www.goattalk.com
owner
running  SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Kindred

Really? Print?   Are you living In The 1990s?  Why would anyone waste paper like that?

You can report all of the members who belong to a specific group by clicking on that group in the membergroup settings

As for subscription on registration..,   Search the mods, I believe I have seen something along those lines
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nicollett

We have change our rules greatly over the years, and a printed report allows a complete review/modification of the membership. Or when we run a post the most contest, I have to run 2 membership lists. Trying to do it by group has been a nightmare as well, as membership groups are rather large, so it is back to printing out page one then go to page two, and print, and so on.

I'll try to find a mod, or have the tech find a mod for the subscriptions.

Thanks Kindred

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you want to require all new members to subscribe?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Doesn't look too difficult to redirect login to Profile -> Paid Subscriptions for members who are not in subscription membergroup.  Will that accomplish what you want?

- R. Waters

Nicollett

Yes, I believe it will. May I pay someone (you) to do it, I don't want to mess up the forum.

Nicollett

OMG I set up an account so I could see how things worked when a subscription ran out. The link that came through allowed the make believe member to modify the amount they paid and the duration of the subscription. This is getting worse by the day. Any idea how this can be fixed?

margarett

AFAIK you can't prevent the member to change the amount they wish to pay (not with SMF, not with any other program!), but SMF identifies the amount payed and doesn't activate the subscription if that amount is lower than required.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Nicollett on November 22, 2015, 05:21:08 PM
The link that came through allowed the make believe member to modify the amount they paid and the duration of the subscription.

Where are you seeing this?

Quote from: margarett on November 22, 2015, 07:11:23 PM
AFAIK you can't prevent the member to change the amount they wish to pay (not with SMF, not with any other program!), but SMF identifies the amount payed and doesn't activate the subscription if that amount is lower than required.

Actually, don't think it does.  Can't find anything in the code that confirms payment_gross or mc_gross.  There's no way to change the amount or term when subscribing from Profile, PayPal will only allow payment for amount posted by vendor, like any other purchase.

- R. Waters

live627

QuoteThe link that came through allowed the make believe member to modify the amount they paid and the duration of the subscription
You sure that wasn't the admin panel?

Dragooon

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 22, 2015, 10:00:43 PM
Actually, don't think it does.  Can't find anything in the code that confirms payment_gross or mc_gross.  There's no way to change the amount or term when subscribing from Profile, PayPal will only allow payment for amount posted by vendor, like any other purchase.
You can modify the variables being sent to PayPal and change the amount paid, however SMF checks for the amount in subscriptions.php and makes sure it's same or more than the amount required.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Dragooon on November 23, 2015, 08:32:56 AM
You can modify the variables being sent to PayPal and change the amount paid

Don't see any way to do that without admin access, or direct access to code.

however SMF checks for the amount in subscriptions.php and makes sure it's same or more than the amount required.

OK, I see that here -

$actual_cost = $cost['fixed'];
// It must be at least the right amount.
if ($total_cost != 0 && $total_cost >= $actual_cost)

Where does $cost['fixed'] get it's value?  I see cost here -

// Get the subscription details.
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT cost, length, name
FROM {db_prefix}subscriptions
WHERE id_subscribe = {int:current_subscription}',
array(
'current_subscription' => $subscription_id,
)

How does that become $cost['fixed']?

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: live627 on November 23, 2015, 01:07:38 AM
QuoteThe link that came through allowed the make believe member to modify the amount they paid and the duration of the subscription
You sure that wasn't the admin panel?

The link in the renewal notification goes to index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=111, which is the Paid Subs page in Profile for that member, and only allows subscribing at cost/terms set up for that subscription.

- R. Waters

Dragooon

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 23, 2015, 12:39:03 PM
Don't see any way to do that without admin access, or direct access to code.
You can modify a page's HTML before the form is sent, hence modifying the data PayPal receives. $cost is unserialised somewhere, so it becomes an array of data (see PHP serialisation)

Nicollett

Thank you for your kind replies. Unfortunately, you are speaking Greek to this beginner. I tried to find the email the system sent me, and no luck, I'll look further tonight and try to give you the payment link that the system sent to the account I setup to use as a testing member. Just logged in as the test subject, and while I did not go to paypal and pay the amount the system had said I owed, I still have full access to the forum. I've posted on Freelancer trying to find an SMF expert to pay to fix the whole thing, but only one reply so far. Sure wish you had a part of this forum where beginners like me could find SMF experts to hire for this kind of thing. My guess is, for an expert this is probably a 10 minute fix, and I've been trying to get it resolved for a week.

Sir Osis of Liver, I checked to make sure I was not logged in as an Admin, and I was not, I was logged in as a member/merchant.

Nicollett

QuoteTo edit your subscriptions visit the following URL:
http://www.goattalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=11812
Once you are there, you can see there is an "edit subscription" function. Hope this works for you, if one of you needs the pw, pm me and I'll give you access to this member's account.

Sir Osis of Liver

The 'edit subscription' function in a member's profile is only available to admins.  If you reassign your test member to non-admin group, they will not be able to edit the sub.

- R. Waters

Nicollett

Username
(change)
    testing system
Name
This is the displayed name that people will see.
Date Registered
Primary Membergroup: Merchant
(why isn't moderator here?)

Nicollett

I checked, and the Merchant does not have Moderation or Administrative permissions. Changed them to inherit regular member authorities, which I hope will fix the access issue.

Advertisement: