Paid Subscription Setup and Reporting

Started by Nicollett, November 20, 2015, 04:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're still having problems with this, pm admin access and I'll have a look tomorrow. 

I have the code to redirect all non-subscriber logins to Profile paid subscriptions order page.  If you still want to do this, would need to discuss exactly how you want it to work.

- R. Waters

Nicollett

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, just having a look around.  Paid Subs is working correctly.  If you look at testing system's profile as admin, or you link to it with the link you posted above while logged in as admin, edit subscription works.  If you logout from your admin account, login as testing system (had to change password to use that account), the edit sub function is disabled - the sub name is not a link.

I can give you a simple edit in /Sources/LogInOut.php that will redirect all members except admins and your subscription group to their Profile -> Paid Subs order page every time they login. From there they can navigate to any part of the forum available to them.  You do the rest with group permissions, restricting access of non-subscribers to prevent them from viewing subscription only content/features.  You can change the text below the 'Subscriptions' titlebar on order page to something more informative (i.e., 'You must be a subscriber to view all content.'), and adding a 'Subscribe' button to your main menu would also be a good idea.

If you look in the Paid Subs setup for your test sub, down at the bottom is 'Subscription price varies on duration ordered'.  Click that button, and a menu will open that allows you to offer a choice of subscription options for different lengths of time.  Members will see a dropmenu on the order page that lets them select which one they want.

You'll have to decide what you want to do with existing members who are not in the subscription group, and your moderators.  Most of your members are bots, with no logins or posts.  They can be removed from your database with a MySQL query (yes, I know it's not recommended, but deleting members with zero logins and posts should not cause any problems).

You'll need to do a complete backup of your forum files and database (http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup) before you make any changes.

- R. Waters

Nicollett

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  i would be happy to pay for your help if you pm your PayPal name.  :) :) :)

Nicollett

When I try to run a backup I get this:

QuoteFile not found

Firefox can't find the file at http://www.goattalk.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=database;activity=backup.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
    Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

This happens every time I try to backup in the last 2 smf versions.

QuoteI can give you a simple edit in /Sources/LogInOut.php that will redirect all members except admins and your subscription group to their Profile -> Paid Subs order page every time they login. From there they can navigate to any part of the forum available to them.  You do the rest with group permissions, restricting access of non-subscribers to prevent them from viewing subscription only content/features.  You can change the text below the 'Subscriptions' titlebar on order page to something more informative (i.e., 'You must be a subscriber to view all content.'), and adding a 'Subscribe' button to your main menu would also be a good idea.
This would be awesome!!

QuoteIf you look in the Paid Subs setup for your test sub, down at the bottom is 'Subscription price varies on duration ordered'.  Click that button, and a menu will open that allows you to offer a choice of subscription options for different lengths of time.  Members will see a dropmenu on the order page that lets them select which one they want.

I must be blind, I don't see the button and/or menu you're talking about.

QuoteYou'll have to decide what you want to do with existing members who are not in the subscription group, and your moderators.  Most of your members are bots, with no logins or posts.  They can be removed from your database with a MySQL query (yes, I know it's not recommended, but deleting members with zero logins and posts should not cause any problems).

Haven't a clue how to do this, but it sounds like a great idea.

Illori

Quote from: Nicollett on November 26, 2015, 10:49:04 AM
When I try to run a backup I get this:

QuoteFile not found

Firefox can't find the file at http://www.goattalk.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=database;activity=backup.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
    Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

This happens every time I try to backup in the last 2 smf versions.

please follow http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup for doing a backup. the function in the admin panel does not always work or work well as you can see.

Nicollett

I have no clue how to access MyphpAdmin to do the backup, have contacted our host to get the info, sure hope they can provide it. There are many screens I used to be able to access, one of them gave me the access info, I know I gave that to Kat at one point, but just don't seem to be able to find it now.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, pm cpanel and FTP access and I'll do it for you.

* Sir Osis senses impending disaster. :P

- R. Waters

Nicollett

Awesome, I emailed the host and asked for the info, I'll pm it to you as soon as I get it.

reganweb1

I kicked off a Cpanel backup; Nic will receive an email when it's complete.

Advertisement: