News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.11 topics display problem

Started by tipps, November 21, 2015, 02:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipps

Hi all,

Does someone know how I can fix this topic issue in SMF 2.1 please?
I am using IE10 and the comment is unreadable because it's making scroll bars cover the message as in the attached pic.

Kindred

Are you ACTUALLY using 2.1 beta?
(if so, you should not be using it on a production/live site)

URL?
What actual version are you using of the beta?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tipps

Hi Kindred,

Sorry my mistake, I am using 2.0.11 not the beta version yet.

tipps

Quote from: tipps on November 21, 2015, 02:34:08 AM
Hi all,

Does someone know how I can fix this topic issue in SMF 2.0.11 please?
I am using IE10 and the comment is unreadable because it's making scroll bars cover the message as in the attached pic.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tipps

margarett

Quote from: tipps on November 22, 2015, 05:28:35 AM
only in IE 10
With Edge? If so, try another browser. Edge has a ton of issues with half the internet...

You need to check that question with the theme's author as you're using a modified version of Redsy so they might need to check it with you.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

IE10 is not edge....   edge is IE11+
Слaва
Украинi

tipps

Quote from: margarett on November 22, 2015, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: tipps on November 22, 2015, 05:28:35 AM
only in IE 10
With Edge? If so, try another browser. Edge has a ton of issues with half the internet...

You need to check that question with the theme's author as you're using a modified version of Redsy so they might need to check it with you.

Hi margaret,

It works fine with IE Edge it's just IE 10 that has the issue.

The Redsy template was only changed in color, so it should be fine, thanks for the suggestion though.

margarett

I would suggest it's related to the Likes MOD. As a guest I see it correctly, but I don't see the "like" ;)
Maybe you can try that yourself (as a guest)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

tipps

Hi margarett,

Thank you, will get my moderator to try that on his IE10 as it's him that's having the issue. :)
As I don't have IE10 so I can't see the problem :(

Regars, tipps

tipps

Hi All,

So I have found where the issue was with the help of a Firefox plugin called IE View.
This let me see the error myself.

In the index.css find this:

.inner
{
padding: 1em 1em 2px 0;
margin: 0 1em 0 0;
border-top: 1px solid #99a;
}

Change to:
.inner
{
padding: 1em 1em 2px 0;
margin: 0 1em 0 0;
border-top: 1px solid #99a;
        overflow: visible;
}

Just by adding the overflow: visible; fixes the problem.

Regards, Tipps

margarett

Glad you found the problem, I'm marking this as solved for you ;)
This is somethin you might consider to comment in the theme's support topic though ;)

Advertisement: