News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[more...] smiley popup on Apple iOS 9 device shows blank page

Started by dummuser, November 23, 2015, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dummuser

I'm a user of a SMF based forum, where many Apple iOS 9 users have a problem with the [more...] popup Smiley windows. This appears just as a blank page.
I made a survey and we found that 80% of iOS 9 users have the problem. Looks like only iPhone 4S doesnt have a problem but all other iOS 9 do have. iOS 8 is fine, Android is fine, Windows is fine.

Does anybody else experienced a problem showing the [more...] smileys popup window on Apple iOS 9 in their forum?

As I am NOT the admin, I cannot try out something. I am just chasing the problem for us Apple users. Is the problem only with our forum or more general? I need to collect some arguments for our admin to get active in this case...

Details:
SMF v2.0.11 from September 2015
German language
Problem appears only with iOS 9 iPhones and iPads. Has most likely nothing to do with any of the Safari / iOS settings.
Also happens on Chrome or Firefox when installed on such a iOS 9 device.

dummuser

Dear Admins!

Please can you do me the favor and make at least one smiley "popup" in this forum. Then I can test whether the problem appears only in our forum or here as well.

After a few day without any reply from anybody, I wonder if only our forum has the problem with the missing more... Smileys window on iOS devices. Or if Apple users are not present in other forum communities.  ;D

OK, dear admins, will you make me one smiley to show up in the pop-up window?  :D
Take the guy below...

Thanks!

dummuser

Dear Admins!

GO, ADMINS GO!
Please, gimme a popup smiley!

OK, dear admins, will you make me one smiley to show up in the pop-up window?  :D
Take the guy from the post before...

I hope, my "attraction improvents" don't annoy you too much..;D   

Thanks!

Illori

i really doubt our admin will ever add that smiley or another one so it shows up in the popup. they have more important things to be doing. cant you install another SMF forum and test there? if you had done that, you could have had your test completed already.

dummuser

Quote from: Illori on November 27, 2015, 02:08:59 PM
i really doubt our admin will ever add that smiley or another one so it shows up in the popup. they have more important things to be doing. cant you install another SMF forum and test there? if you had done that, you could have had your test completed already.

Cool! Once the cheerleader ladies are involved, I get a reply within minutes!  ;D
That shows how important this eye-candy is.

No, I can't install another SMF. I am only a user, which needs to motivate admins (from my favorite forum, other forums and from this forum obviously, too) to do "less important" things. As far as I understand, it will cost an admin just a click in the smiley settings section to change from "post form" to "popup" and the thing is done.

My original intention was to get feedback from other forum's admins. Just to see, if they also came across the problem. As the response to that was zero, I hoped to get a bit of help here.

Hey, guys! Sounds strange, but all the ones we post here, including me, help to make your product better. Even as this is "free".
So please give your heart a kick and make the desired click...  ;)

Illori

we have very few admin, for that matter most people that are on the SMF team are not admin. so it is not just one click that anyone can do. sorry but i really doubt any of our busy admin will take the time to do it for you.

dummuser

OK, no problem for me.
Sorry, didn't meant to make trouble.
Thanks for taking your time.

I will go ahead with my cheerleader-group and try to find out, if the problems appears at other forums as well.

dummuser

OK, guys!

I did what you wanted from me:
I installed a fresh SMF 2.0.11 on a brand-new blank XAMMP server (for Windows idiots like me...).
Seems to work fine, shows a nice new forum.
The only change to the default factory settings is: I added 1 smiley to the list with "popup".

And the problem still persists:
The [more] window for extra smileys shows a blank page on a iPhone or iPad under iOS 9.

Is this now a task for the Bug-fixing post? Or can you take over now and help me?
Please advise!

Thanks for your support!

P.S.: I have more nice cheerleader ladies to encourage you, if needed!

Kindred

it does seem to be a bu, introduced by silly Apple iOS.... these days, they are getting nearly as bad as microsoft...

Not sure how to fix it or when it will be patched though....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dummuser

Hi Kindred!

Thanks for responding! I had a look into the Javascript stuff and I probably found a fix for that.
So I will close this topic now and open a new one in the Bugfix section.

Thanks guys for your help!

Advertisement: