News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Default board language and admin language

Started by bonnie_lass, November 24, 2015, 04:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonnie_lass

I use a mod called Language button menu http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2705 and I've noticed that when I change admin language all the members languages changes also. I know that I should be asking the mod creator but the mod is old and creator hard to find. My question is therefore: Is admin language in fact the board language in settings? I would like to be able to change admin language without changing all the members settings. Where in the code is the query for updating all language settings?

Kindred

1- you are correct. mod questions really do need to be asked in the support topic for that mod.

2- however, you are lucky in this case, because your question is not related to the mod.

Setting the language in the smf admin will set the overall default board language. period.
There is no separate "language for the board and language for the admin section"  it is all one.
You can - however - go to your OWN PROFILE and set the language which the system will use FOR YOU (and you alone)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bonnie_lass

Advertisement: