News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Paid Subscription [Help]

Started by Tenchh, November 24, 2015, 08:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenchh

Hello,

Sorry for bugging you but I need some help with the paid subscriptions on my forum.

There may have been a post about this before but I can't seem to find it on here and on Google. Which is weird. But anyway on to my question.

Q. When someone pays for a subscription, should SMF move the person who donated into the new group once payment has been sent?

Member > Selects subscription > Member gets sent to PayPal > Member Pays > Member gets returned to forum > Members account changes.

The reason I ask is because I have tried a sandbox payment via PayPal and when I tried it my account member group did not change.

The subscription is on 'Test', and my account is the Site Admin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Josh

I hope that makes sense.

Oldiesmann

SMF doesn't change groups until notified by PayPal that you've received a payment. I'm not sure how this works with the sandbox though.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Sir Osis of Liver

Works the same.  If payment is successful, PayPal posts IPN to forum, member is moved to subscriber group.  Sometimes there's a slight delay, but not more than a minute or two.

Did you set up a sandbox member account?  Is payment successful?  Anything in your error log? 

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: